Fuel Prices

mr_brain

Hi, there is a new website being created to inform of the costs of fuel at the different retail outlets within Shetland so Shetlanders can get the best deal on their Petrol or Diesel.

This is a privately run, non-profit scheme, and we require the assistance of the general public of Shetland to make it worthwhile and accurate.

We would like those of you who purchase your fuel at the different outlets to email us, pm us, or complete a form on the website so we can publish the prices for your information. We are getting a dedicated text number so you can text us the information also, which we think would be handier.

If you would like to participate in the scheme, or you would just like to find out where in Shetland sells the cheapest and dearest fuel costs, the website address is:

www.wix.com/shetlandinfo/shetland

our email address is: shetlandinfo@gmail.com

Thanks for viewing

Sad thing is that any potential saving is automatically cancelled out by the extra fuel you'll use by driving the extra distance to the station with the cheaper fuel.

You may as well just pay the extra 2/3/4p at your nearest pump and not bother...

Not necessarily - if you travelled often between, say, Lerwick and Sullom Voe and the fuel at Voe was cheaper than Lerwick or Brae it would be useful to be told that.

Agreed - if the cheaper petrol station is on your normal driving route and you're passing by anyway then of course it makes sense to fill up at the cheaper location BUT it'd need to be a significant (i.e. >5p/Ltr) difference to make me go out of my way to bother filling up somewhere other than my immediate local...

We commute 550 miles a week, so get fuel at Leasks once a week.

Our car do's 65 mpg, 3 years ago we could fill for £45, now it's 65 quid.

It's 12 per litre more for diesel than petrol, so if you have diesel you are screwed.

Anyway don't worry Katla in Iceland will erupt soon and we will enter a volcanic nuclear winter.

This will mean more "green taxes) to save the planet lol