• Undecided

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont see how that is possible you write so clearly

but you may not see so good.

Quote:

As we know, most folk who smoke weed and move onto opiates smoke tobacco. Yup, there will be the odd case that does not but the links are there.

most folk that smoke weed move on to opiates my pete you obviously havent a clue what your talking about

Can you see?

I still do not think how violence will fix this situation. That bit you have not explained.

Just sounds like revenge or picking on the weaker folk, an easy target. Instead of addressing the root cause you want to beat the victims of drug dealers. Short sighted there me thinx

Does it really matter The Thule or the Ultima Thule, Shetland, the Shetland Isles, Thule is more economical. A slight distraction perhaps on your part not related to the title of the string..and an attempt at ridicule.

Guest Anonymous

maybe it you thats needs your eyes tested as not once have I mentioned thule or even ultima thule.

And as for drug dealers being weak and defensless get a grip

most folk that smoke weed and move onto opiates smoke tobaco also started on milk not all but the links are there

like I said you do write a lot of sharn

I still do not think how violence will fix this situation. That bit you have not explained.

a dead smack dealer won't sell anymore smack

Just sounds like revenge or picking on the weaker folk, an easy target. Instead of addressing the root cause you want to beat the victims of drug dealers. Short sighted there me thinx

yet again you have missunderstood whether on purpose or short sightedness or through stupidity who knows.

If you remove the drug dealers by legislation in favour of removing the stigma that goes with the addiction you will go some way to helping to resolve the problem. Do you think drug dealer are like shop keepers and wait for custom, or mail order?

There are many folk addicted to prescribed opiates, there are some who need them to remain pain free, if they cannot get these from a doctor, you think they should either suffer or be publicly flogged. Speed is used to treat ADHD. I have known MS sufferers to get relief from canaboids.

Again, how do you think flog em will help, or state murder.

There are more folk with problems than go through the courts.

I will leave this here now as there is no debate, or there are signs of it but it stagnates.

Oh, bob,there was a individual on here once who has very, very similar attitudes to yourself, with similar phrases, and errors in wording and spelling. his name, well you know...

And you know what I was saying, it is not like the text vanished after reading.

Guest Anonymous

you keep trying to compare me with someone else peat can't you accept that more than one person may hold opinions that disagree with you, or is that too much for your little brain to handle.

yes a drug dealer is like a shop keeper the have a product for sale and they will promote or advertise that product to attract customers.

I have no problem with folk being prescribed opiates for the relief of pain because when you take drugs to ease pain the high is virtually non existent if you get high then you are not really in pain and are more than likely pulling a fast one with your doctor to get your substance of choice free on the NHS

and if you have taken the time to read my posts you would realise that i have no problem with pot

ritelin is not speed although for those that do not suffer from ADHD it does have a similar effect.

and please leave it now as the sharn you write is just that sharn

Iv'e been reading this thread for a while now but cant say it's been the enlightened debate I had hoped to find. Once it degenerates to name calling it's hardly a worthy debate folks :roll:

It seems rediculous to me to be sending drug addicts to jails bursting at the seams with the stuff. Any punishment for taking drugs is an abuse of a persons right to choose there own life's path. When I was a youth I took a lot of drugs, not least of which was alchohol. Had a lot of good times and plenty of bad aswell but it never stopped me getting out to work and paying my way.A strong survival instinct kept me safe and saw me through that faze with no lasting damage. Now don't take this as a pro drug stance. I think the drug culture has become a scourge on society but it is just a symptom of a much bigger problem. Capitalisim has produced a lot of very selfish people who need instant gratification. Good moral (and I don't mean God bothering) upbringing seems to be becoming a thing of history. There would seem to be little point in trying to fix the drug problem unless the underlying problems are sorted out first and foremost. Then I would hope to see the drug use peeter away by itself.

There are many folk addicted to prescribed opiates, there are some who need them to remain pain free, if they cannot get these from a doctor, you think they should either suffer or be publicly flogged.

Maybe they should just suffer on with whatever pain comes along, like some of us have done for half a lifetime.

I trust what a doctor hands out less than what a dealer sells, there is no comeback against a Doc if he poisons you, the dealer has a vested interest in keeping you alive and coming back for more.

The fact that the alternative to what a Doc puts about is currently "illegal", allegedly has "stigma" attached, gets you finger pointed at and whatnot, I really don't give a tup'ney damn. I don't dabble, on cost grounds alone. The price is artificially inflated due to the "illegal" status put on it by those folk supposedly "looking after our best interests". Were the price lower I would indulge, but I'll pass out from pain before I part with one penny to in any way support the merry-go-round of extortion that world governments have turned things in to with their "anti-drugs" crusade.

I have no problem with folk being prescribed opiates for the relief of pain because when you take drugs to ease pain the high is virtually non existent if you get high then you are not really in pain and are more than likely pulling a fast one with your doctor to get your substance of choice free on the NHS ...

Absolute rubbish. I remember being in hospital a couple of years ago after an operation in severe pain - I definitely got high on the painkillers, even if they did not get rid of the pain! I also suffer with psoriatic arthritis, a stretched brachial plexus, adhesions - crumbs - should I mention the occasional headache? I do get prescribed medication which, incidentally, whilst not stopping the old nerve cells from sending signals to my brain screaming out PAIN, do go some way to allowing me to be semi-mobile and attempt to work during a bad flare up. When I don't have a flare up, I look and behave totally normal which can be a real sausage when six months later, a neighbour sees me hobbling down the road with a walking stick and a few days later, without it.

If anything, at times with a debilitating illness you welcome such a drug thus permitting your tired knackered body to finally relax and get some well deserved sleep that your body has been so deprived off; on the other hand it can be very annoying if you are trying to work and survive excruciating pain that the only drug that does work happens to send your mind into a zombified state or makes you so drowsy it sends you to sleep!

Very well put ghostrider, the legislation in place for prohibition of a large number of substance's is nothing more than legislation to allow a black market to flourish..

I think some of the poster's here are unaware of just how huge this industry is. Its multi billion, its amongst the biggest in the world . It has the wealth to corrupt to the highest levels of government and it has clearly done that to remain so succesful today.

I am convinced it has even corrupted our very own northern constabulary.

Perhaps not directly through them profiting out of drugs but certainly in that they allow some dealers to continue to operate in turn for names of others, (an uneven distribution in the rule of law, so as to be seen to have drug busting results, yet the use of heroin in the isles remains undiminished ).

Think on it this way

the E.U. or various branches of that government could go to Afghanistan and buy the entire opium crop for double the price the grower's presently recieve.

The crop could be turned into high quality heroin and distributed under controlled conditions to anybody registered as a heroin addict with patient confidentiality.

What would happen?

The black market providing profit to criminals would be gone.

Heroin addicts would no longer have to exist as criminals in the supply chain, where many have to sell to others to meet the cost of their own addiction( not having to recruit new heroin users).

The law enforcement agencies would be freed up to pursue harder criminals ( In fact we would find we have an excess of law officers because other drug related crime would reduce).

The costs to the prison service would be massively reduced.

countries to try this would save vast sums of money with this approach.

Why is it not happening?

2 REASONS - Ignorance of the people

Corruption of our political system

You have to ask why, after 9 years of the most technologically advanced armies of the world operating against a force of peasant warrior's with no air power, no armoured vehicles and no weapons heavier than machine guns, mortars and mines, has heroin production increased by 33%

Who's really making the money?