Should drugs be legalised?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Should drugs be legalised?

• Yes
    • No
    • Its not a yes/no question
    • Undecided

Guest Anonymous

^more meaningless waffle from the shetlink resident social worker.

The Dutch are now realizing that they have been too liberal in the past and are going some way to rectifying that.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in the situation that we legalize drugs the pot smokers will be penalized so the smack heads can get free smack, I've no idea who you are koy but i'm sure this is a situation that would piss us both off equally.

Pot smokers are already penalized under the law and with far greater penalties for growing; most also rely on and pay the black market to avoid being further penalized. Smack heads can already get free smack in the form of methadone. Reduction may work for many if they are serious about getting help to get off but in a whole lot of cases, many seem to just use it to maintain the habit until they can get their hands on the real deal.

who the hell would want to employ someone on smack, and what bloody use would they be if they did have a job.

Someone is already on smack so that's a moot point but since it needs to be said again; this is about harm reduction for them and us and if it's a choice between forcing them into a crazy life as an outlaw and all the implications that has on society or dealing with it in a realistic way which has been proven to show many benefits; option 2 seems to be the way.

You want every one who has worked hard and saved for their future to pay more taxes so you can feel all warm inside for the great "good" you are doing with their money.

Can be clearly shown to be a false assumption...

“Free supply costs 17,000 euros per client per year,†she explains. “It sounds like a lot, but the savings on hospital fees, legal and policing expenses and the general crime costs are far greater. Society is on average nearly 13,000 euros better off per patient per year.â€

precisely , bloody dreamworld some of there tos sers live in

Your main point throughout this, was that junkies want to steal your stuff. I have provided the proof from the real actual world that this would not be the case, if we followed suit.

None of the addicts in the Utrecht programme have been in trouble with the law since starting the treatment.

You can and no doubt will, just continue to hurl abuse as your reasonable argument against but a straight answer would be nice. If none of the addicts have been in trouble, does it not point to an effective solution because you can't really put it down to policing or the conviction rate would be up surely.

you like to preach about how we should all be less wasteful yet at the same time want to keep wasters alive

Yes some of us here want to see a cheaper solution that doesn't involve killing people.

I'm not hell bent on attacking anyone just bloody sick of idiots expecting the rest of us to fund their lifestyle while they sit on their asses taking drugs, drinking and generally being a waste of the planets precious resources.

"Alchohol is the anesthesia thats helps us get through the operation that is life"

Careful now; your hypocrisy is showing.

Guest Anonymous
Yes some of us here want to see a cheaper solution that doesn't involve killing people.

I'm not advocating the gas chambers again (sorry I almost forgot that never happened the first time :wink: ) just not expending resources keeping folk alive that are hell bent on destroying their own lives.

with folk living longer we will have enough trouble keeping folk that have worked hard all their life and broken no laws but their pension will have to be paid from the same kitty as a waster that has done sweet FA all their life.

There is limited resources so who should be neglected when they get even scarcer those that work and contribute or those that don't.

It may sound harsh but there will be a lot more folk working and contributing if the option is that or you get nothing.

And if you resort to stealing then hard labour till you have paid off the cost of your crime plus the cost of your keep plus a contribution to society for all the time you were not legally employed.

^more meaningless waffle from the shetlink resident social worker.

The Dutch are now realizing that they have been too liberal in the past and are going some way to rectifying that.

How?

I have never said I had the answer, just said we should explore all avenues for the answer.

Many folk have had some sort of experience with drugs, most will smoke High potency weed and become paranoid, some will take too much cocaine and become paranoid, others will take to much mdma and become paranoid.

But your only concern is the folk, a very small amount who take opiates.

The sad thing is many of these folks have mental health problems, instead of alcohol they have used opiates.

Of course the sex trade would suffer if opiate addiction was curtailed by making the drug of addiction available removes the cartel and its influence, it removes some of the hold.

But, you think women forced into the sex trade and have been force fed opiates should be treated the same, as you see no need to discriminate.

Addiction destroys many womens lives, more women suffer domestic violence because of drink, drugs and even football.

So, to start to punish these folks you would have to opt out of many other laws , UK and EU, you would need to make capitol punishment legal, lock up all those who have mental illnesses unless they have money, title or dog collar. and introduce mob law.

all illegal drugs should be legal then drug problems could be treated as medical problems not criminal ones, drug users could get pure clean drugs that are not mixed with lethal chemicals and they would know the doses they were taking so less chance of over dose.

Perhaps you may want to read the posts that came after this one, all on sthe same page,

This was before the Doctor Who bit, where Sheep became pig

Guest Anonymous

more pish peat more pish, if that is all you have then quit.

making drugs legal wont reduce addiction honest education would help but some folks just couldn't give a turd and nothing is going to stop them doing what they want when they want and they have to be removed from society if they cant learn from hard time then they will do hard time for the rest of their lives.

Bring back capitol punishment, absolutely some folk just don't deserve to draw breath.

many folk get paranoid when they take drugs well the simple answer for them is don't take bloody drugs, how stupid do you have to be to take something that makes you feel like turd.

As for the sex trade you are not going to remove the drug of addiction but make it freely available, that is if you are free to go down the clinic and your pimp lets you, not very likely is it peat.

And as for me treating women who have been forced into it the same as the scumbag who does it by choice, that is another assumption by you and another way you show your ignorance, someone who is forced to take smack will do their best to get of it when there pimp is hanging from a good piece of hemp rope..

So, to start to punish these folks you would have to opt out of many other laws , UK and EU, you would need to make capitol punishment legal, lock up all those who have mental illnesses unless they have money, title or dog collar. and introduce mob law

One I would opt out of europe anyway bunch of unelected, corrupt waankers to a man/woman, and the rest of your statement what a load of drivel, some folk with mental illness should be locked up, some should be put down, some should be given a kick up the backside because they are playing on fools like you that haven't a bloody clue, those with genuine illness that are not a danger to themselves and the public should be given the help they need.

Whether you have money title or a dog collar has got FA to do with it except in your paranoid mind just like the rest of your ilk you are too idle or too stupid to achieve what you want out of life without getting others to pay for it. so you blame anyone who has or who's parents left them a bit of money.

more pish peat more pish, if that is all you have then quit.

making drugs legal wont reduce addiction honest education would help so, some good would come from education, at last!!! but some folks just couldn't give a monkey and nothing is going to stop them doing what they want when they want and they have to be removed from society if they cant learn from hard time then they will do hard time for the rest of their lives. Yup, there still needs to be measures to ecourage folk

Bring back capitol punishment, absolutely some folk just don't deserve to draw breath. maybe, but you are not qualified to make the final judgement

many folk get paranoid when they take drugs well the simple answer for them is don't take bloody drugs, how stupid do you have to be to take something that makes you feel like monkey. or even Pigsy, the same reason folk drink for 5 hours and suffer 12 the moment they wake up

As for the sex trade you are not going to remove the drug of addiction but make it freely available, that is if you are free to go down the clinic and your pimp lets you, not very likely is it peat. only in your mind. But, how do you know ALL about the sex trade now?

And as for me treating women who have been forced into it the same as the scumbag who does it by choice, that is another assumption by you and another way you show your ignorance, someone who is forced to take smack will do their best to get of it when there pimp is hanging from a good piece of hemp rope.. So, at last, you can see that there are different reasons, and they should be treated as individual cases, I applaud you for that. Not all Oil workers are the same, or are they???

So, to start to punish these folks you would have to opt out of many other laws , UK and EU, you would need to make capitol punishment legal, lock up all those who have mental illnesses unless they have money, title or dog collar. and introduce mob law

One I would opt out of europe anyway bunch of unelected, corrupt waankers to a man/woman, and the rest of your statement what a load of drivel, some folk with mental illness should be locked up, some should be put down, some should be given a kick up the backside because they are playing on fools like you that haven't a bloody clue, those with genuine illness that are not a danger to themselves and the public should be given the help they need.

Whether you have money title or a dog collar has got FA to do with it except in your paranoid mind just like the rest of your ilk you are too idle or too stupid to achieve what you want out of life without getting others to pay for it. so you blame anyone who has or who's parents left them a bit of money.

Yup, that is why there are so many wealthy folk in clink, oh yes, do you know who wrote most of the rules of your land, the rich, the landed, royalty and the religious, though the last could just describe the previous 3[/i]

There are needle exchanges and dispensaries dotted around Amsterdam, Haig and Rotterdam. You are correct in that the Police take a tougher line, that is part of the policy of having a culture open to sorting this out. Hiding such places away will not work.

You would also reduce the amount of women forced into the sex trade, and kids. You would reduce the Hepatitis, HIV and septicemia associated to drug taking of that nature.

It is a case of co-joined thinking.

Hang on a sec there SP - where precisely did you get your evidence and reach the informed conclusion that it would "reduce the amount of women forced into the sex trade, and kids"?

I've done research academically for my PG Dip in Women's Studies on prostitution in Europe. European Governments vary in their approach to the sex trade. Westminster regards any woman working in the sex industry who wasn't born here to have been forced into prostitution and is thus a victim (The fact this isn't true they choose to ignore).

The majority of women working in the sex trade do so due to lack of affordable childcare and/or being able to work hours to fit in with looking after their children. It is a small percentage of women working in this field that have drug problems. Very few women have pimps.

Are you basing your research on the Swedish model re prostitution or the New Zealand one?

Guest Anonymous
just for the sake of clarity are you a hippy or a communist?

or just a bloody fool?

I think we have our answer TR it's all 3

Yup, that is why there are so many wealthy folk in clink, oh yes, do you know who wrote most of the rules of your land, the rich, the landed, royalty and the religious, though the last could just describe the previous 3[/i]

Many of the women I have met, who sadly are addicts have turned a few tricks to get their fix. We used to see and still do see here, women on the streets to keep their habit going.

They then have fallen foul of a pimp, or someone who supplies the drug and in this case, the cycle begins.

My comments about forced prostitution were based perhaps on what I have read or seen. And, I think if the drug was legal or controlled, it would be less of a shackle. But it will not remove a majority as these men and women used other actions to keep an income.

But I think it will reduce the levels.

Many of the women I have met, who sadly are addicts have turned a few tricks to get their fix. We used to see and still do see here, women on the streets to keep their habit going.

They then have fallen foul of a pimp, or someone who supplies the drug and in this case, the cycle begins.

My comments about forced prostitution were based perhaps on what I have read or seen. And, I think if the drug was legal or controlled, it would be less of a shackle. But it will not remove a majority as these men and women used other actions to keep an income.

But I think it will reduce the levels.

But those females walking the streets make up a small percentage of those working in prostitution. If you have read articles in the UK press then it is noteworthy that the Home Office use statistics from The Poppy Project, an anti-sex trafficking organisation. However, having myself spoken with both the PP and other organisations within the sex industry when I was undertaking research for my academic studies, their figures are flawed. They will quite happily state that they do not represent other women (Edit: working as prostitutes). Their main source of funding is the Government. The Home Office are following the Swedish Model whereas Greece, Germany, Italy, Belgium and The Netherlands are not.