Should drugs be legalised?

Should drugs be legalised?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Should drugs be legalised?

• Yes
    • No
    • Its not a yes/no question
    • Undecided

^^^So essentially what you are saying is prostitutes won't make much money here because there are lots of loose women around, nudge nudge wink wink....

This is one of the most small minded moronic stupid socially retarded comments I have ever read on this forum and proves your absolute lack of knowledge on the reasons why some women are dragged into the hell of forced slavery and prostitution. You just proved your massive levels of ignorance and arrogance and should apologise to the readers of this thread for belittling a hugely painful and complex problem.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.independent.org/publications/working_papers/article.asp?id=1300

The relationship was found to be anti-correlated at about the 90% confidence level. Using this model, it is estimated that if prostitution were legalized in the United States, the rape rate would decrease by roughly 25% for a decrease of approximately 25,000 rapes per year.

There has to be a little more content to statements, I will read up a little here, I have a selection of study books on Womens Studies, I am quite willing to give you a list if it is a subject that still interests you.

Now I know some of these quotes and statements may have errors, I will look again over time.

Thanks.

There has to be a little more content to statements, I will read up a little here, I have a selection of study books on Womens Studies, I am quite willing to give you a list if it is a subject that still interests you.

Now I know some of these quotes and statements may have errors, I will look again over time.

Thanks.

Nope, still got loads of books I'm slowly flogging on Amazon! I've had my full of academia (For a while until perhaps the study bug bites me again). For the sake of this thread on drugs though and prostitutes, I based what I put on meeting with prostitutes and organisations representing them (Some for and some against prostitution); speaking with the police officer who was assigned to the Leith area at the time of their permitted "zone", Scotland Yard, and remembering what various academic researchers had said on the subject (Unfortunately, some of the books I have now sold but I might still have some references within my assignments).

Granted, it is true that some women are forced into prostitution and force-fed heroin and the like (The Albanian gangs in London are notorious for this and there was, in fact, a "massage parlour" raided just around the corner from where I previously lived run by such villains). Given that many of the English laws are based on John Stewart-Mills' (might have got the name wrong there - been a few years since I studied!) harm principle, much of the stuff in the papers and that put out by the press does not portray a true reflection regarding prostitution in general. In essence, the British have a more narrow-minded view than many other countries - do you seriously think, bearing this in mind, that the Home Office would want to admit that drug-using prostitutes made up a very small percentage of those working in the UK in the sex trade, did not have pimps and, surprisingly or not, female prostitutes had a lower rate of VD infection than Roman Catholic Priests?

^^^So essentially what you are saying is prostitutes won't make much money here because there are lots of loose women around, nudge nudge wink wink....

This is one of the most small minded moronic stupid socially retarded comments I have ever read on this forum and proves your absolute lack of knowledge on the reasons why some women are dragged into the hell of forced slavery and prostitution. You just proved your massive levels of ignorance and arrogance and should apologise to the readers of this thread for belittling a hugely painful and complex problem.

appologise by big ers , this is shetland , point is if you want to wallow in your drugs whores n deviants look elsewhere n leave or semi peacefull place alone , am affraid if you're condoning and supporting this sharn getting in here there would appear to be a hint of your own insults about yourself

this is shetland , point is if you want to wallow in your drugs whores n deviants look elsewhere n leave or semi peacefull place alone , am affraid if you're condoning and supporting this sharn getting in here there would appear to be a hint of your own insults about yourself

The 'point' here is something you have no grasp of.

This is not the who thinks drugs are great thread, but one to discus whether the legalisation of drugs would bring more harm or some good to the present situation.

Your entire position has revolved around the same dishing out of abuse at those attempting to discus the issues, if they do not match your opinion to the letter. Well that and your usual enraged, foaming, Gerard John Schaefer style rant about women; which coupled with your urges to cause people pain and torture, is starting to make you look, not just void of any useful input to the topic but also quite creepy and sinister.

That's a good find Gibber, and still leaves some openings for debate.

It also shows that sometimes the brave do not become martyrs to what they believe may work.

Sadly, due to the narrow minded reporting, the fear mongering by those probably frightened of actually finding out stuff they don't want to hear, government policies and the film & TeeVee media it is an up hill struggle.

And it is only 10 years into the program. Folk want quick fixes to problems that have taken many years to manifest, this goes for many problems and prejudice we come across in todays progressive worldly culture.

There will always be folk to exploit situations, sometimes it is more cost effective to include those in the bigger picture to save diverting assets.

There are a couple of quotes from Dalai Lama

Because our own human existence is so dependent on the help of others our need for love lies at the very foundation of our existence.

We cannot overcome anger and hatred simply by suppressing them. We need to actively cultivate the antidotes: patience and tolerance.