Should drugs be legalised?

Should drugs be legalised?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Should drugs be legalised?

• Yes
    • No
    • Its not a yes/no question
    • Undecided

A lot of assumptions there, Fjool. And here was me thinking that you always liked hard facts to back up posts. :wink:

Are you now Styles' interpreter as well ? Because he didn't say ,''Ultimately though, Style's point is that there are more people prepared to answer YES than NO. The rest are undecided or have other concerns and questions. ''

He said ''I see in the above poll most shetlinkers think drugs should be legalised'' , and you have just changed it to mean what you wanted it to mean.

Fact is at the moment only 40% want drugs legalised.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a black and white argument with static opinions.

It's also unclear what exactly is meant by "legalisation", which could mean anything from heroin being available from the NHS for registered addicts only, to it being as easy to buy as alcohol or cigarettes.

Only 19% agree with you. :wink:

This is not a black and white argument with static opinions.

It's also unclear what exactly is meant by "legalisation", which could mean anything from heroin being available from the NHS for registered addicts only, to it being as easy to buy as alcohol or cigarettes.

Only 19% agree with you. :wink:

You've lost me now. Only 19% agree with me about what ?

Seriously though these people must be desperate. :?

I think the problem is that the users are unaware that this extra poison has been included. Like if you drink moonshine that has methanol present; there's no way of telling until it's too late and people are collapsing and going blind.

And yes, they probably are desperate... that's what addiction does I guess.

I remember being told by former workmates of 'good times' at the whaling in which they distilled alcohol from brass polish for a 'buzz' on an otherwise dry ship at sea for months. This carried the known risk of blindness, yet they still tried it. These are respectable people, pillars of the community now. None of them alcoholics. Nobodys perfect moorit. People do some pretty bizarre things 'for the fun of it'. They did in the sixties, and they still do now.