Should drugs be legalised?

Should drugs be legalised?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Should drugs be legalised?

• Yes
    • No
    • Its not a yes/no question
    • Undecided

The same logic would say that we should lock people up for being poor as it may tempt them to steal to fund their lifestyle, it's the usual cart before the horse thinking that has forced users to remain outlaws and when someone feels threatend by a seven year sentence for something that they do daily, then the leap to shoplifting, house breaking, mugging, whatever doesn't seem so big, after all, they too will be aware of the junkie scum label and it dont help nobody overcome whatever issue took them to where they are in life, in fact they're more likely to feel that if the world has turned it's back on them then they will just turn their back on it.

I dont see why the Chancellor should pay for anybodys drug of choice Methadone, Smack or yer mums aunt sallys, make them cough up to get their script if they cant hold a job and CHOOSE to go out nicking this is the crime they should be made to face and if they wind up in the jail then no script, no smack, no methadone, no nowt. with no more illegal drug market they would find getting in parcels tricky and upon release could have a clear head to decide whether to restart their addiction again or not.

As for us all getting high, my guess is that it will remain pretty level, those that want to still will and those that dont, wont.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another girl murdered by a man, who plea of guilty to manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility. He blamed on an LSD and Cocaine habit, the court heard. That’s why drugs should be a life sentence offence. The same as drink driving should be the same. Murder is Murder .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6295124.stm

That’s why drugs should be a life sentence offence.

Ah I see, so you have approached the complexitys of this social issue by using the testimony of deranged maniacs as the bases for your research.

Well it does explain a lot.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8892/reeferio0.gif

Or else your just really wasted yerself and having a good laugh at watching folk deal with them whacky gem posts.

Another girl murdered by a man, who plea of guilty to manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility. He blamed on an LSD and Cocaine habit, the court heard. That’s why drugs should be a life sentence offence. The same as drink driving should be the same. Murder is Murder .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6295124.stm

Thats because no one wants to blame themselves to others or themselves and admit it was their fault. Its allways easier to try and pass the buck.

If people are intoxicated on anything that should not effect their sentance.

How long will it actually be before this despicable? T*rd is out getting High once more with a pat on the head for good behaviour. And then some other families torn apart because he does the same thing again. Just to clear some more prison places. Like alcoholics drug users can’t see when it becomes. A major problem, sneaking to the bathroom at brake times to inject a little bit more. Having to attend Drug users Anonymous for the rest of their lives. Maybe the dealers need to be hunted down and have a dose of there own petard stuck in there arms, with the purest of heroin until they become stinking crawling junkies them selves. Then throwing into a cold cell for some cold turkey. And let them experience what they have put their victims through

(*** mod edit - excess quoting removed ***)

^ Fortunately, the well informed people can see the truth behind the situation:

Danny Kushlik, director of drug policy foundation Transform, said cannabis would be better controlled and moderated if its use was not prohibited, and accused Gordon Brown of playing to the gallery.

"It's got nothing to do with science and everything to do with a Dutch auction over who can be the toughest on drugs, sadly," he said.

"There's no new evidence. As Gordon Brown's first Commons statement on drug policy, it's shameful."

Paul Corry, director of public affairs at mental health charity Rethink, which has warned of the dangers of cannabis, said the government was exerting its energies in the wrong place.

"Any movement to reclassify cannabis would be a waste of time and resource," he said.

"All the evidence shows the risk of mental illness and that the criminal justice system is not able to deal with that. A long-term and sustained public health campaign is needed.

"What's not good is criminalising a group of people at risk of developing mental illness."

A link to the LEAP (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition) website

http://www.leap.cc

This is what well informed police are saying:

After nearly four decades of fueling the U.S. policy of a war on drugs with over a trillion tax dollars and 37 million arrests for nonviolent drug offenses, our confined population has quadrupled making building prisons the fastest growing industry in the United States. More than 2.2 million of our citizens are currently incarcerated and every year we arrest an additional 1.9 million more guaranteeing those prisons will be bursting at their seams. Every year we choose to continue this war will cost U.S. taxpayers another 69 billion dollars. Despite all the lives we have destroyed and all the money so ill spent, today illicit drugs are cheaper, more potent, and far easier to get than they were 35 years ago at the beginning of the war on drugs. Meanwhile, people continue dying in our streets while drug barons and terrorists continue to grow richer than ever before. We would suggest that this scenario must be the very definition of a failed public policy. This madness must cease!

Speaking about prohibition in America in the 1920-30's is that not were we stand now with illegal drugs here?

We should learn from the mistakes from then and legalise. I feel the benifits far outway the negatives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition_in_the_United_States

"Many social problems have been attributed to the Prohibition era. A profitable, often violent, black market for alcohol flourished. Racketeering happened when powerful gangs corrupted law enforcement agencies. Stronger liquor surged in popularity because its potency made it more profitable to smuggle. The cost of enforcing prohibition was high, and the lack of tax revenues on alcohol (some $500 million annually nationwide) affected government coffers. When repeal of prohibition occurred in 1933, organized crime lost nearly all of its black market alcohol profits in most states (states still had the right to enforce their own laws concerning alcohol consumption), because of competition with low-priced alcohol sales at legal liquor stores."

At the end of prohibition some supporters openly admitted its failure.

A quote from a letter, written in 1932, by John D. Rockefeller, Jr., a wealthy industrialist states,

"When Prohibition was introduced, I hoped that it would be widely supported by public opinion and the day would soon come when the evil effects of alcohol would be recognised. I have slowly and reluctantly come to believe that this has not been the result. Instead, drinking has generally increased; the speakeasy has replaced the saloon; a vast army of lawbreakers has appeared; many of our best citizens have openly ignored Prohibition; respect for the law has been greatly lessened; and crime has increased to a level never seen before."

If noone paid another fine for possesion of cannabis and all those unknowns openly admitted there use, there would be little the sherlocks or Gordon Brown could do the law on it would simply collapse as unenforcable.

We must do this soon before it's regraded to class B or A or even A+, perhaps we could pick one day for a big smoke out.

I'm starting today, sick of arguing it out with these no brain pro legislation masterdebaters here.

I wont blow it in their faces if they promise to take their half baked opinions and pootle off.

That’s why drugs should be a life sentence offence.
And up against this sort of logic and reasoning surely we cant lose.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"The desire to experience some altered state of consciousness seems to be an intrinsic part of the human condition, and the persistence that people have shown in pursuit of this goal is as remarkable as the diversity of ways in which they have sought such altered states. This same diversity is shown in the range of different types of drug taking. whether taken alone or in company, for relaxation or stimulation, to satisfy some personal need or to comply with social pressures, we are surrounded by drugs, some more visible than others - the cups of coffee and tea, the glasses of beer wine and whisky, the cigarettes, the snorts of cocaine, the joints, the tablets of acid, the fixes of heroin, and the ubiquitous tranquillisers and sleeping pills. It may be that every drug induced state has its counterpart in a state of mind arrived at without drugs, but drug taking still remains one of the easiest and most immediate ways of altering psychological states; for some people the ease and immediacy with which drugs achieve their effects proves particularly seductive. So long as there are drug takers there will be drug casualties. No form of drug taking is without its dangers, but the quest to eliminate drug taking has proved to be the search for a chimera. Drug taking is here to stay and one way or another we must all learn to live with drugs."

Tory leader David Cameron's spokesman said: "Politicians are entitled to a private past."

Nice that the silver spoon brigade have been given free way to rub our noses in it.

I would have quite liked a shot at a private past but not having a university campus to skin up on it wasn't long till those up bottom peeking pigs had come knockin and once they'd done with admiring my young supple seventeen year old ass for a while and having a wee schoolgirl giggle among themselves they set about getting me charged and fined, my name dragged through the local paper, much to the dismay of my then girlfriends mother who promtly changed her view of me from golden boy to that junkie bar steward, this was most upsetting as at the time the worst of my drug abuse was secured from her own bathroom cabinet where her own unfeasably large collection of prescription sedatives, sleeping pills and a near infinate supply of valium was stashed and being banned from the house killed my supply.

The landlady of my bedsit ejected me before I turned her building into a crack house, with my home gone I had to hand my cat over to some animal bunch and then there was the loss of my job as my boss couldn't be having that sort of thing. No matter for a long while I took to my new law enforced on image with quite a zeal and passion for both drugs and crime after all it was what I felt was expected of me, I read the headlines as well, after all. But I cant help looking back to them heady days and wondering how the whole thing might have played if those who have such concerns over the saftey of the lives of children hadn't shat all over mine at the outset.

My chance at a private past are out the window, as the record will plainly show.

But well done to them tory boobalubes for holding themselves unacountable for any turd of any form.

Oh and by the way, the cops secured my supply and distribution conviction on the witness statements of schoolkids from a party who had shown up with a carryout of dubious origin. A party I left when said teenies with a LOT of stolen vodka showed up.

apparently a 13yo had drunk herself to a good stomach pumping, stained trousers, etc, so to avoid awkward questions about their booze they framed me on a dope story which got the police off their backs and straight to my bum hole.

There was never at anytime any drugs near the party or on myself or anyone else at the time of this all happening. But the police were quite sure that a good drug conviction was much more appealing option for them than a bit of underage drinking.

Oh yeah and there wasn't none up my muckle sphincter neither,(dirty boobalubes).