• No
    • Its not a yes/no question
    • Undecided

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannabis use down since legal change

Rather suggesting that making it less "alluringly illegal" is having the desired effect, at last.

Okay, a revolutionary suggestion: HMG shold make drug use compulsory. Then no-one would want to take anything. Imagine the scene:

"Johnny, have you had your opium and cannabis tincture yet? It's nearly bedtime!"

- "Aw, mum, do I have to? I'm never gonna take this stuff when I grow up!"

• 4 weeks later...

^^

A sensible (and apparently fairly successful) approach. If you can't take the drugs out of the equation, take the criminal element out instead.

And today we hear that ACPO want cannabis put back up to class B, just as the number of kids using it is decreasing for the first time in years. Makes you wonder.

ACPO want cannabis put back up to class B

For, I might add, entirely the wrong reasons. They wish to upgrade it again in order that they don't send the 'wrong message', and that the health implications are properly reflected. :?

The law is not for sending public health messages, we have many much more suitable channels for health information.

Gordon's finger-prints are all over this one.

^^

Yes, there was a fellow on the telly news last night (a Daily Mail hack, I believe) who reckoned that ACPO were pretty good at sussing out which way the wind was blowing, then issuing a statement in favour of it. Possibly one of the most accurate statements to come out of that organ in years :)

... in order that they don't send the 'wrong message', and that the health implications are properly reflected. :?

Such as the enormous number of deaths attributable to cannabis compared with nice legal drugs like alcohol and tobacco, presumably? :?

Such as the enormous number of deaths attributable to cannabis compared with nice legal drugs like alcohol and tobacco, presumably? :?

Oh! But ~800 people per year (if you believe the over-inflated, finger-in-the-air guesstimates) have their schizophrenia exacerbated by smoking the evil 'super skunk', so we must ban it; reefer madness and all that. :roll:

I wonder what the figure would be for people who could potentially benefit from this medicinal herb.

Well, anyone with:

MS

glaucoma

insomnia

headaches

gastrointestinal disorders

pain

muscle spasms

a variety of rare muscular and skeletal disorders

atherosclerosis

Can't be bothered to calculate the total. Make no difference if I did.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_marijuana for an outline.