Should drugs be legalised?

Should drugs be legalised?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Should drugs be legalised?

• Yes
    • No
    • Its not a yes/no question
    • Undecided

Interesting report and I will get through it.

Dothiepin, which I believe is basically amyltriptyline, is one of the ADs I was prescribed. It worked in a sense, as I was so lacklustre that I had neither the time nor inclination to worry about my depression; however, I would question my ability to operate machinery under said circumstances.

of course, drink or drugged-up driving (or operating of machinery) is not on, but how can it be sensibly regulated? Seems we have measures for one drug, but not another :?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but what about someone under the influence of valium or methadone (on prescription) or suchlike

An interesting fact, If you go offshore you have to do a mandatory drug test which tests for many drugs but it doesn't test you for methadone, meaning you can be a junkie on an oil-platform under the influence of an opiate substitute without any fear of being found out.

shetlandpeat, all drugs should be legalised. It is not for the government nor you to decide what a person can an cannot ingest.

Ahh justlookin, this will still need some regulation. Tax would have to be paid to pay for the additional healthcare requirements. Or you can opt out of the health system and go it alone, paying for your healthcare as you need it.........

And it is up to me to decide what I ingest........

So an example, lets go down the coke bar and take coke, (in your head, make coke as popular as alcohol, so just as many folk do coke as drink). Now mix that with, alcohol and a bit of powerful weed, tis chucking out time (you may now want to look at how cocaine affects the body, physically and mentally) so these folk are now on the streets.......

You continue the tale...

Your comment will not protect those who will suffer because of this...

Then if drugs are not regulated the money will fund underground gangs, they will use that money for other things, and you will not have a choice in how they do this. Then they will need more money and start to cut with bleach powder of other such nasties.....

justlookin, your statement is just too general and I dont think you may have worked it all out...............

Don't you worry, i've done me homework. No I don't think the statement is "general" at all. Its a statement.

The idea that the government have the right to control what drugs the public can induce needs to be wiped.

If i want to take advantage of the the THC that builds up on those gorgeous looking fat buds. Should I not be able to do so? Why is it that I cannot utilize DMT to further my enlightened state of being?

Yes regulation is a major issue. We need some! Any! As it has been said by many before. Prohibition and disinformation are screwing everything up for the placid model citizen like myself.

We need science and realistic no bull debate(coupled with action) to be in control of decisions of chemical distribution laws. Instead of dirty politicians and business men/women screwing us over for their own gain.

Shetlandpeat what was it that you had a problem with?

I just tried to cut it down a bit. Seemed like a long piece to quote.

You are not proof that tobacco could lead to other drugs. Life leads to drugs.

You were just weak.

Smoking hash is terrible for you. Grass or a good pollen will sort you right out. (especially if you have brain cancer. it stops the cancer from growing. I dont have brain cancer yet, but i'm just waiting for that excuse.)

Nice one on the almost Rockstar ending.

"If voting changed anything they'd make it illegal"

Smoking hash is terrible for you. Grass or a good pollen will sort you right out.

pollen is hash btw....so is manali, red leb, sand leb, gold seal etc etc....

I think you meant "Soap bar" which is good hash that's been mixed with loads of other crap (including engine oil, bitumen etc) to cut it to make a more profitable and more dangerous substance...and guess where it's sold the most? that's right it's made for the UK market.

keep prohibition, keep quality down and keep profits high....that's what our governments want after all.

My apologies for my colloquial use of the term "hash".

I can't understand why people still buy the stuff. If you find plastic in something your going to be smoking. Wouldn't you stop buying it?

That gangster hash would almost disappear over night if we had some regulation. Same with all the other dirty versions of drugs.

Then...i pray(devout Atheist)....we can all find ourselves again.

Or at least get messed up safely.

The trouble with smokin is hash/weed has been reported to have 4 times more harmfu fx n the body than smoking tobacco, so.......

You're comparing a legal, quality controlled product against a black-market one though. Compare drinking a glass of fine French wine versus necking a beaker full of some random spirit produced in a bathtub in someone's cellar... :?

Still, I agree with the main point that smoking anything isn't a good idea. Tobacco cannot be eaten, cannabis can.

The problem is not anymore prevalent in shetland, its just such a small place with lots of dirty plod to pick up on it. The paper mainstreams all drug related cases to make it all seem worse than it really is. The knock on effect is the public think the problem is so bad they will allow the government/councils/police to do anything to make the "chaos" go away.

15th February - UK drugs law descends even further into farce

^^^^This site has tons of great up to date info on the UK Substance laws.

While we're slagging Tobacco, I never realised till I was watching a program on the Amazon not long ago(anyone else remember it?) and these indiginous tribes people smoked tobacco all the time, it was a ritual thing I think.

Point was tho that these folk lived till they were in their 80's and none suffered from the affects of the tobacco like "we" do. No cancers, nothing....

They then tested the local tobacco plants and found that they didn't have any of the toxins "our" commercial tobacco has!

And to think the governments make tobacco companies ADD chemicals to our already toxic tobacco plants...ring any bells?

Shetlandpeat: what is actually going on in your head.

Are you pro legalisation? (obviously assuming the proper regulations were implemented)

You seem to have alot of opinions but can't pin down what your all about. Obviously you've tried a few of the drugs on offer, maybe someone has intervened and you don't do them anymore. What i really cant get around is the Holier than thou attitude that seems to exude from every post you leave.

If you think you know about drugs! Watch this.

Deek Jackson at his best