Best and Worst Local Band Ever?

Guest Anonymous

Arrowhead were an awesome band. I had the privilege of attending a lot of their practice nights in the bandhoose at Asta, and a lot of their gigs too, including when they played at my 21st birthday shindig.

Quicksilver were also brilliant in my eyes, i attended many of their gigs, although i did have a punch up with their rhythm guitarist in the Scalloway park one open air after he pushed his luck a bit too far.

The Suppository Business were in another league altogether, how they didn't make into the mainstream music system i will never know.

Nowadays, i would say that The Revellers are at the top of the tree and Scaldin Bragg could be serious conterders if they started playing on Saturday nights.

[/u][/i][/b]

ya,scaldin bragg gits my vote fur best band.keeping up da tradition o turning oot good bands fae da shed at asta,

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Also remember Revolver having a good song on a shetland compilation album cant mind the name but was a travis style strum along one and pretty decent.

The track was 'Just say no' on XS Sessions.

i used to listen to that song over and over on the jukebox in mooneys.

turd was awesome.

where can i get a copy of that song? like, seriously.

I think the best gig by a Shetland band I've seen wasna even in Shetland. The Red Vans, Drop the Box and Bongshang played in a marquee in Aberdeen's Union Terrace Gardens - I think in October 1995. Every Shetlander from between the Firth of Tay and the Pentland Firth seemed to be there!! Bands and audience seemed to there for a good night out. And what a night it was!!!! Was anybody else there?