Car Scrapping

earlofzetland

No idea if you pay for it.. ( for the car ) but laylands used to or still do. just charge you for the disposal of the tyres £10 each if i remember right.

and i dont have a clue about the amenity trust.. I've never been bothered to wait for them to come and pick the cars i have scrapped up..

I had a 'project' car outside my house which one of my neighbours mistook for scrap - can't blame them really it needed a fair bit of work.

They called the amenity trust and said the car had been abandoned. Twasn't long before the car was taken away to Yell and scraped. Never cost me anything other than the car it's self.

and i don't think i have ever paid for disposal of tyres when actually getting new ones put on my car.. other than the cost is probably in the price of what they quote me for new one

It should be optional and is usually listed as a separate item on your receipt. As far as I'm aware, you can choose to take the old ones with you and don't have to pay that fee. Not sure what one would do with them if one did this, but the option is there...

Try first if it can be sold (even for next to nothing) or given away, leave someone else with the job of final disposal. Ask the Fire Brigade if they want it, the local lot here have been using wrecks for practice sessions. They'll dispose of when they're done.

The Amenity Trust will take it away, eventually, or at least most of it. Were round here twice in recnt weeks, took the cars and the wheels that were actually attached to them, left two neat little piles of wheels, that were spares, but belonged with the wreck, sitting where the cars had been. WTF :?: Don't know anything about paying them, never have in the past, but it's been a while.

About a year ago they took my old Kia away.

I was told that if I wanted to make a donation I could.

Seemed a shame to scrap a car with less than 35,000 on the clock, but I didn't have the tools to sort out the jammed on brakes so it was the easiest way to get it off my drive at the lowest cost with the least hassle.