25 members have voted

1. 1. Ricky Gervais - Love or Hate?

• Love
    • Hate

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring back Connolly circa late 60's/early 70's, the XXX rated early Club material, before he sold out to mass market and international commercial appeal. That stuff was funny.

I saw him live in '73. Very funny, we were aching with laughing so much and his treatment of hecklers was great. :lol:

Firstly, thats really not very appropriate.

As you yourself are a Chubby fan, I'd love to hear why you find my remark inappropriate.

I keenly await your response. :twisted:

It is inappropriate to compare someone's characteristics to cancer, a disease that kills many people.

Chubbs would never compare someone to cancer, he's not that stupid.

It is inappropriate to compare someone's characteristics to cancer, a disease that kills many people.

I have many family members who have fallen to cancer but I fail to see why this makes the word taboo.

Now then, on to chubbers:

During his long career, he has caused offence by mocking various things, including race, women, the Queen Mother (whose death occurred hours before Standing Room Only began recording)

In the early 1990s he was run off stage in Middlesbrough in the first few minutes of a show. At the height of a child abuse scandal in the town, he opened his show by saying "I'm surprised there are so many of you here - I thought you'd all be at home playing with your kids.

http://tinyurl.com/yj4uy9

Not to mention his many referances to puffs and nig nogs.

But then I dont suppose racism kills people.

he's not that stupid.

Maybe not but somebody here is.

Hey I still find what he says is in bad taste. I don't approve of all his comedy, but I still find him funny when he's talking about sex and stuff like that.

Maybe not but somebody here is.

It good you at least admit it. :D

I have many family members who have fallen to cancer but I fail to see why this makes the word taboo.

I didn't say it was taboo. I didn't stop you from saying it, I just said that it is inappropriate, which it is. eg Someone calling me a 'dick' to my face is inappropriate, but they're at liberty to do so regardless. If they're at liberty to do so then surely I am at liberty to point out that I find it inappropriate.

It good you at least admit it.

It good me no get lonely here den. :wink:

Someone calling me a 'dick' to my face is inappropriate, but they're at liberty to do so regardless. If they're at liberty to do so then surely I am at liberty to point out that I find it inappropriate.

As much as your invitation appeals to me, I must regretfully decline.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^^ Classic scene, and a great comment on the state of TV today.

I thought the Extra's special was perhaps the most perfect entertainment program ever made. Great collection of cameos, but by far the best was Karl Pilkingtons appearance.

Such a shame that level of quality, continuity and detail is so rare these days.