KoRn or System Of A Down

peterliam

It think Korn's first album was one of the defining metal albums of the 90's, and was resonsible for influencing a lot of good, and a hell of a lot of bad things that followed (Munky has since publicly apologised for being responsible for Limp Bizkit). It was dark, edgy, lo-fi and aggressive. One of the soundtracks to my teenage years.

Their third album has it's moments too, but overall they've written very little wrthy of their potential ever since, and I think Jonathan Davis on the whole is a whinging, self pitying twat with very poor lyric writing skills. These days I wish the rest of them would find God and f**k off too, tbh. They lost what final strands of credibility they might still have had with that goddawful unplugged version of "Freak on a Leash" with Amy Lee.

System's first album was incredible too. Wasn't a big fan of the second, I think it suffered from being very overproduced, as did a lot of albums around that time. Pro-Tools was one of the worst things to ever happen to metal in my opinion, it castrated a lot of potentially decent albums by making them sound far too clean and clinical. Really liked "B.Y.O.B." tho, and that album had some other decent tunes on it too.