Favourite Childhood Telly Programmes

Children's Ward & Press Gang (how come Dexter Fletcher still looks the same 20years later?)

Blimey... firstly, I'd totally forgotten about Children's Ward but used to like that. Secondly, you've solved one of the top fifteen mysteries in my life - namely, where did I recognise Dexter Fletcher from. So thanks!

Does anyone remember a show on ITV in the early 90s that was about a fast food restaurant? I'm sure it was on ITV and the only actor I can remember in it was the black guy with the afro in Lock Stock... and he also played the Shadow in an Only Fools And Horses episode where they get locked in a supermarket overnight. Actually, I can probably find out using Google.

I used to watch Saved By The Bell religiously in the school holidays but saw it recently and it really doesn't stand up to the test of time... it's like it's aged in dog years. Disappointing!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone remember a show on ITV in the early 90s that was about a fast food restaurant? I'm sure it was on ITV and the only actor I can remember in it was the black guy with the afro in Lock Stock... and he also played the Shadow in an Only Fools And Horses episode where they get locked in a supermarket overnight. Actually, I can probably find out using Google.

Show was called Spatz and the actor was Vas Blackwood

I don't think I would call it my favorite, but does anyone else remember Pipkins with the moth eaten hare called Hartley?

All too well, not a favorite but it certainly made an impact for some reason:

Changed a lot over the years too, it seems: (apart from fleabag rabbit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD1uxm1egjs&feature=related

Later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a60bxqwG_ck&feature=related

Mental! :wink:

Used to love Mr Ben, got the DVD last year, what a disapointment. same thing happened with He-Man and Transformers. I would recommend people to not watch anything from their childhood again now, as what you thought was the most amazing cartoon ever was actually never as good as you thought, totally ruined my fond memories.

^^^^^^^^^^

I know what you mean - I used to love Monkey and the Water Margin. Now they seem a little crap. Okay so perhaps they were crap in the first place, but now they're really poor.

Anyone remember two classic French imports? "The Flashing Blade" and the "Aeronauts". The second being set in North Africa following the exciting lives of a squadron of Mirage III pilots and the former a pre-revolutionary France tale with knights (Chevaliers) and lots and lots of swordplay, not forgetting the outstandingly bad translation of the vocals to the rousing theme tune. It rocked!

I loved Water Margin and Monkey too!

Did you know 'Monkey' came from a novel by Wu Ch'eng-en, written between 1505 and 1580 ?

I found a copy in an old bookshop many years ago- fascinating, the legend of how Monkey 'fell from grace', and the true story of Tripitaka's {Hsuan Tsang} pilgrimage to India in 7thC.

Can lend you the book IF you promise to return it!

• 1 year later...