Broadband speed

Marvin

Problems with Broadband in Gulberwick  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Problems with Broadband in Gulberwick

• Oh YES!
    • Oh NO!

I have an 80Gb allowance and I'm not even using half of it, and BT faults permitting, a stable 5-6Mb connection. I'd like to see the data :)

I have sent them two questions. Firstly, it doesn't run any tests when the download capacity is reached. When gaming less bandwidth is used - if it runs test then will it affect my ping? Secondly, it wants major ISPs, Plusnet isn't listed but it IS owned by BT now, so I asked if that was acceptable.

Fingers crossed!

----------

A reply already!

Thanks for your email and questions.

We have tested the devices extensively on lines in the UK and USA, and we do not run tests when gaming. I'm a gamer myself, and the SamKnows Whitebox has not caused any issues.

With regards to ISP, please select Other, and proceed from there.

Many thanks,

Neil

-------

I'm signing up! :D

Anybody else having problems in the Tingwall area today. Or broadband has been going on and off like disco lights, and when it's on it's so slow it's taking minutes to upload a 64kb doc.

Is this a problem with your router staying connected to the xchange, or staying connected to your ISP?

• 2 months later...

Up to 20 megabits for Lerwick

http://www.shetnews.co.uk/news/newsbites/2940-up-to-20-megabits-for-lerwick.html

ALMOST 5,000 homes and businesses in Lerwick will have access to faster broadband by next summer, as part of the latest roll-out of BT’s next generation broadband service delivered over copper lines.

The investment makes available broadband speeds of up to 20 megabits per second (Mbps) – more than double the maximum speeds previously available to the majority of UK homes and businesses.

When will the rest of us benefit?

Up to 20 megabits for Lerwick

http://www.shetnews.co.uk/news/newsbites/2940-up-to-20-megabits-for-lerwick.html

ALMOST 5,000 homes and businesses in Lerwick will have access to faster broadband by next summer, as part of the latest roll-out of BT’s next generation broadband service delivered over copper lines.

The investment makes available broadband speeds of up to 20 megabits per second (Mbps) – more than double the maximum speeds previously available to the majority of UK homes and businesses.

When will the rest of us benefit?

There is no date.

2/3/4 years - crystal ball time