Problems with Broadband in Gulberwick  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Problems with Broadband in Gulberwick

• Oh YES!
    • Oh NO!

• 2 weeks later...

I got a surprising email from o2 last night:

Hello,

We are aware that you might not have been getting the broadband speeds you expected, particularly between 5-11pm.

We believe this is the result of network congestion in your area, in particular where we have a number of high volume users. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

The great news is that we have upgraded our network capacity in your area and you should see an improvement in your connection speeds. Work is still ongoing to ensure your connection speeds are as high as possible.

Best regards,

The O2 Home Broadband Team

This email is sent from Telefónica O2 UK Limited.

Registered Office:

260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX.

Registered number: 1743099.

Can't say i've seen a problem. But that's pretty cool. Currently getting this:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/449878102.png

• 1 month later...

About ready to combust after 2 months on the phone to Indian call centres courtesy of BT Broadband. My broadband in Gulberwick was a steady 2.5mb for 3 years and all of a sudden dropped to little more than dial up 2 months ago.

Countless phone calls and engineers visits, another one tommorrow and my IP profile is still stuck at 135kbps. Engineer can find nothing wrong with my end so must be exchange.

Anyone else in fair Gulberwick having to cope with pre ADSL speeds or is it just me. Cannot contact BT directly in Shetland hopefully someone knows the local reason?

Rant over...Back to IPLAYER to watch an hour long show in 4 hours!

BT in leaside mossbank

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Your DSL connection rate: 2240 kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)

IP profile for your line is - 1750 kbps

Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1623 kbps

If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP.

If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your ISP for assistance.

Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester.

Im in Scalloway and did speed test got 7.68mbps but rubbish upload ?

If you want faster upload speeds it'll cost ya. IIRC, the exchanges up here have an upload limit in the region of 700-800kbps. All the cheap ISPs will give you rubbish max upload speeds (c. 370kbps). You have to pay to get a (only slightly) less rubbish upload speed (i.e. double the speed). IDnet are one such ISP... but they're spendy. Worth it though if you need the extra upload speed.

Well I changed from PIPEX/tiscalli/talk talk Last week to PLUSNET.. And i can say i am impressed, not had any lag problems or ping problems or download problems, the online support is 100% and the online tools you get from these guys is top class.

If you change to these guys on my recommendation my user name is originart , if you want to add me as your referer. ;)

http://www.speedtest.net/result/488750741.png