Road Safety Campaign

toothlesstammy

• 1 year later...

When I was P7, we did some sort of cycling session every Wednesday and that my schoolpals and me have to bring in their bikes along to school, although I lived faraway from the school and that my bike had to be locked in a shed!

It was always hard work because we had to cycle for nearly one mile which almost made me have a heatstroke because I was wearing a fluorescent jacket and it was always sunny when we do that session.

that would be cycling proficiency DL...

I saw one of their unmarked vehicles last year, it was a grey Honda CRV.

saw it parked next to my car at tesco, all that was different was ariels on the roof and lights in the grill.....and one behind the windscreen(that's the one I noticed first then looked closer ;) )

take care all, they could be in anything!

The easiest thing is not to do anything they might want to talk to you about :roll:

Yeah spot on, quite why folk think they should warn people not to drive like the gang out of mad max in case the cops might catch them god only knows. Yeah they want to dish out fines and fill the treasury coffers but some of them might actually catch an idiot who is twice the drink drive limit and prevent them from killing some poor soul going about their business.

probs the same reason it's normally in the shetland times too....

a heads up for folk to make sure they check their cars are roadworthy

(tyres, lights, washer fluid etc..)

I personally take the time to tell people if I notice something they maybe didn't...like a few cars I've spotted with no working brake lights, or another I noticed driving with no tail lights at all. Better they're told before they have an accident or a ticket from the cops.

it's amazing how many cars drive about with only one headlight working, what happens when the other one goes too? suddenly no lights to see home!

probs the same reason it's normally in the shetland times too....

a heads up for folk to make sure they check their cars are roadworthy

(tyres, lights, washer fluid etc..)

I personally take the time to tell people if I notice something they maybe didn't...like a few cars I've spotted with no working brake lights, or another I noticed driving with no tail lights at all. Better they're told before they have an accident or a ticket from the cops.

it's amazing how many cars drive about with only one headlight working, what happens when the other one goes too? suddenly no lights to see home!

Checking your car to make sure it is roadworthy is a legal requirement too. The only thing that you need help checking is your brake lights.

^true, but how often do we actually check things?

I know plenty of people who know they should check things but only do when something goes wrong.....and how many cars have you driven past with only one headlight on? you don't even need to get out the car to check headlights, just park in front of a wall or gate ;)