Foo Fighters Vs Nirvana

Ally

Who's better - Nirvana or Foo Fighters?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who's better - Nirvana or Foo Fighters?

• Nirvana
    • Foo Fighters

I hear 'the kids' actually prefer the foos to Nirvana these days. Leaving aside the fact the Kurt died in '94 and that Grohl was the Nirvana drummer - so obviously it's only a hypothetical battle - who do you think is/was the better band?

PS - The answer's Nirvana, by the way...

Good god man. Nirvana all the way. As much as I like the Foos earlier stuff they just dont compare to Nirvana. 'The color and the shape', is a fantastic album but Nirvana were the pioneers of a new potato. Im talking grade A special mash.

For further listening go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jup5G0meTm4 and get scrubbed up and peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeled

Foo fighters are alright. I like Learn to Fly a lot and the 1st album had some great tunes on it. I haven't really given any of their newer stuff a try, but the singles have been mostly enjoyable, with the exception of The Best of You (or whatever it's called), which is rubbish. I don't dislike them and love the fact that Dave is pretty much the Rock 'n' Roll equivalent of Tom Hanks. When compared to the majesty of Nirvana, however, The Foos don't even come close!

The Foo fighters are a great Rock band. I've liked everything they've done that I've heard tho' I don't actually own a FF album. (apart from some dodgy copies from friends on my computer)

However...

Nirvana rescued Rock!

Before Nirvana we had Thrash which had got so extreme it had basically disappeared up it's own a**e, and Stadium cock-rock, which was garbage. There were no other options other than a few old stalwarts like AC/DC and Rush gamely soldiering on in the wasteland. Then Kurt and the boys came along and saved us from the cow-poop. Nevermind was, in my opinion, as significant an album as Never mind the stoness, or Sgt Peppers.

Tragically, as is so often the case, those that burn the brightest burn out first and we lost Kurt.

RIP KK, and thanks. :cry: 8) :)

P.S What's with the automated censorship? Surely a-r-s-e isn't too offensive?

(*** mod edit ***)

P.S What's with the automated censorship? Surely a-r-s-e isn't too offensive?

Since folks tend to ignore polite requests to moderate their own language, the line must be drawn somewhere.

Unfortunately, in the case above, the famous album by the Sex Pistols is an unfortunate casualty of measures in place to prevent a lowering of the forum's tone we've noticed over the last few months.

We would appreciate your support, rather than having you try to work around it.

^^I take it you've seen both live then to decide on best front man. Maybe you're meaning as things stand now... in which case Kurt certainly wouldn't be putting on much of a show these days :wink:

You're right about the bands being very different though. Nirvana vs. Mudhoney would make a much better fight IMO.

Loved the Foo Fighters debut album but was never that impressed wi anything that came after. So Nirvana gets my vote.