Recipes

mogling

Homemade healthy chips:

1. Put the oven to 220c.

2. Take some medium or large tatties (Maris Piper are best) and start slicing them by cutting them lengthways dauphinoise but 1cm thick. Then slice them again to make them look as if they're chips.

3. Put them in a baking tray and put some seasoning and oil spray, put it in the oven for 20 minutes.

4. It's ready to dish up! Why not add some flavour by adding grated cheese or new breaded cod from co-op (only takes 16 minutes to cook though)

I'd hope that people would give such nice comments on my chips.

• 5 months later...

Going to try one of the Bannock recipes this weekend I think, been looking for one for a while. Thought you might like a simple oat biscuit recipe. Looks complicated cos its a long list of ingredients but you just tip the melted liquid ingredients into the dry ones & mix so dont be put off.

3oz Plain Flour

3oz Oat meal

3oz Caster Sugar

½ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda

(& personally I add 50g or so or ground almonds)

3oz Butter

1 tbs Milk

1 tbs Golden Syrup

Dash of vanilla & almond essence

(makes 15)

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Melt the butter in a pan with the wet ingredients then combine with the dry ingredients. Pop bowl in the fridge for the mix to stiffen while oven is warming up to 150ºc. Roll mix into small balls & bake for 20-25 minutes. Leave to cool on tray & harden for couple of minutes before putting on rack.

My twist on macaroni n cheese.

Chorizo Sausage

small onion/shallot

cherry tomatoes

Pasta of your choice

Cheese of your choice

start by getting the pasta on and boiling away.

Chop up the sausage, onion and Tomatoes.

place the sausage in a frying pan without any oil and let it fry away gently when the fat of the sausage starts to sweat out add you onions and keep on frying gently. by the time the onions are cooked the pasta should be cooked. drain the pasta and ensure all water is evaporated. Add the tomatoes to the sausage and onion mix and cook for a minute until they soften and then add the pasta to the frying pan and mix together, as mixing add grated cheese and serve immediately.

That sounds yummy. You might also like to try reestit mutton used in the same way as the sausage. I also find mushrooms work well in there.

Guest Anonymous

mix together (not too much mixing) voe bannock flour(better than south flour) and shetland buttermilk we a good pinch of salt to make a claggy dough, take a golf ball sized piece spread out on floured surface do not roll and cook on a hot griddle, best bannocks I'm had yet.

as for amounts I haven't a clue trial and error worked for me

Guest Anonymous

boil up fish heads crangs whatever left ower bits efter filleting, to make a good strong fish stock. Strain and boil some diced tatties in the stock.

fry an onion and add to the tatties with a couple o smoked haddock fillets chopped into 1" chunks and fresh or frozen garden peas, simmier for 2 minutes and add shetland cream, garnish with fresh parsley.

goes good with the bannocks

• 2 weeks later...

Angel Delight Cheese cake!

Pack of angel delight

Milk

Digestives

Butter/Marg

Make a base using the butter and digestive like you would with a cheesecake

then follow the instructions on the back of the angel delight pack

Pour the angel delight onto the base and put in the frige to set

Add any other things you want on the top at this point

Finaly ENJOY!

• 5 months later...

Don't have any chocolate spread in the house? Try making my homemade chocolate spread:

Serves 1 sandwich

1 tbsp hot chocolate powder

1 tbsp milk

1. Put the ingredients in a small bowl and mix until it binds into a thick-like paste and is all mixed in.

2. Spread or spoon on Danish bread and it's a snack with just chocolate spread made by hand!

Or try my chocolatey meringue pudding:

Serves 1

1 quantity of homemade chocolate spread

2 mini meringues

about 2 -3 spoonfuls of vanilla ice-cream

1. Make the chocolate spread

2. Put the spoonfuls of vanilla ice-cream in a bowl and place a mini meringue on top of each ice-cream spoonful.

3. Pour the chocolate all over the meringues and ice-cream and enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

2 lbs small zucchini

1/2 cup olive oil

4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced

Salt

Pepper

1 lb linguine

1/2 cup freshly grated Romano cheese

8 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese

Hit's no lookin good groilick, tocht I wid try yun last nicht, got da haet watter an broon shugar dan geed tae da press fur da Stewarts. Wid du believe da cubbard wiz bare !. Da better half haed seeminlee pitten it in da Christmas cake ! :cry:

An du lekly didna get tae preeve a morsel – da cake lekly fan hit's wey tae da Swrri?

Best risotto to ever have:

1 shallot, halved and sliced

2 garlic cloves, crushed

1 orange pepper, cut into brunoise or macedoine (finely diced)

3 mushrooms, sliced

250g risotto or arborio rice

500ml hot chicken stock

250g tin sweetcorn

couple of dashes dark soy sauce

1. Fry the shallots and garlic together for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the pepper and mushrooms for a further minute.

2. Add in the rice and cook for 1 minute or it absorbs the oil.

3. Add the stock carefully, then stir and sesaon and cook for 10 minutes.

4. Add the sweetcorn and stir it in.

5. Put couple of dashes of dark soy sauce then serve with a small sprig of parsley. Serves 2 people, generously.

• 1 month later...

Chicken Noodle Casserole

Ingredients

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

6 ounces egg noodles

1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup

1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup

1 cup sour cream

salt to taste

ground black pepper to taste

1 cup crumbled buttery round crackers

1/2 cup butter

Directions

Poach chicken in a large pot of simmering water. Cook until no longer pink in center, about 12 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside. Bring chicken cooking water to a boil and cook pasta in it. Drain. Cut chicken into small pieces, and mix with noodles.

In a separate bowl, mix together mushroom soup, chicken soup, and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper. Gently stir together cream soup mixture with the chicken mixture. Place in a 2 quart baking dish.

Melt butter in a small saucepan, and remove from heat. Stir in crumbled crackers. Top casserole with the buttery crackers.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 30 minutes, until heated through and browned on top.

Been trying different oatcake recipes and this is the one that came out best:

Joyce’s Oatcakes

5 oz marg melted

4 cups oatmeal {medium}

1 cup SR Flour

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda

1 cup cold water

Mix together with a knife, work into a dough, {using hands works best}

Either flour the surface lightly, or sprinkle some oatmeal, or use a Tupperware plastic/silicon baking sheet. Roll out to required thickness {1/4�} thinner is crispier

Cut into squares / triangles / rounds / the geometric shape of your desire.

Bake on a tray at 240C/ 500F / Gas 9 for 10-15 mins, or longer for

crunchieness.

Cool on a wire tray