Motorbikes!

I think we should have a motorbike appreciation thread. I love motorbikes. I havna passed my test yet, but I'll hopefully get it this summer so I can buy a bigger bike. I have a Honda 2004 xr125. I keen they are dangerous, but they are great fun. Every time I drive through Yell and sheep gets a gluff and runs across the road and I survive, I get a nice warm feeling inside.

I used tae have a suzuki, but Dad crashed it when he hit a sheep in Yell! :wink:

Anyway, I keen I'll likely get some replies saying "You stupid ba***rd, how can you be so stupid" but I'll cross that bridge when I come tae it (and I'll be on two wheels doin 90 doon da pavement)

But anyway, does anybody else hay a bike? Have you passed your test? Was it hard? (the test)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yawn yawn? My motorbike shoots fireworks oot the exhaust and has liquorish handlebars with a George Foreman "Lean mean fat grillin' machine" mounted on them. It can also fly, and drive under water, and I have the original impulse engine from the star ship Enterprise. Beat that guest! (you should know it also has an anti-beating mechanism as standard)

Every time I drive through Yell and sheep gets a gluff and runs across the road and I survive, I get a nice warm feeling inside.

I used tae have a suzuki, but Dad crashed it when he hit a sheep in Yell!

Why do you no build fences in Yell to keep the sheep aff the roads lik they do everywhar else in the world? :wink:

Is it no because they have lost the will to live , in yell? I'm sure i've heard them shouting "kamikaze" as they leap onto the road.

In fact was ther no a legendary incident whar a ewe jumped off a brew and through the windscreen o' a coonty truck? Maybe that wisna Yell, but i'll say it was anywye :wink:

But seriously, they are very nasty dangerous things.

In trucks, they dirty the tires, in 4x4s they dirty the bull bars, in cars they break your headlights, but on a bike a ewe is total destruction! Bent forks, bent frame, major damage, and that's all before you hit the road sideways! Horrible creatures! (apart fae the Yowe, of course :oops: )

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Was dat recently? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure i've heard them shouting "kamikaze" as they leap onto the road.

Ha ha ha, I missed yin the first time I read it. :lol:

Interesting factoid: If you hit a ewe, and it's standing side on, you'll just squash it. If you hit a ewe that's standing head on to you, because their spines can't be compressed front to back, it's the equivelent of hitting a massive stone (aboot 35 kg dangling on a string in mid air), and if your in a peerie car, you'll end up with your engine on your lap. 8O

I was behind a car doing 60 once that clipped a ewe and it did a complete horizontal 720 in the air before landing, sprickling, and ran off the road, jumping a crash barrier and fence in one great leap en-route :o I got out to try and spot the poor beast int the field , but every ewe visible was contentedly eating 8O