Homeopathic NHS GP

MJ

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest posiedon
my mum in law went to see one for a number of years. still has the problems she went with. odd that he lived in a very expensive house.

Yes Paul, homeopathic medicine (water) is good for curing a thirst, nothing more, unless you add a couple of aspirins, then sometimes it can cure a headache as well.

my mum in law went to see one for a number of years. still has the problems she went with. odd that he lived in a very expesive house.

I went many times to an NHS doctor (who also stayed in a very expensive house) and I spent a fortune on NHS prescriptions trying to keep excema at bay.

I went to a homeopath once. It's the best £30 I've ever spent, as a lifetime of suffering with excema disappeared within 2 weeks of taking the remedy and it has never come back.

Maybe it was just a huge coincidence, and the excema that I'd had all my life was going to totally disappear for good that month whether I'd gone to the homeopath or not. :?

Guest posiedon
I'll tell you what is fun:

Buy 3 bottles of homepathic sleeping pills

Swill them all down with water/coke/vodka

Not die

:lol:

I never heard of anybody dying from an underdose. I would go easy on the vodka though, it does have active ingredients.

my mum in law went to see one for a number of years. still has the problems she went with. odd that he lived in a very expesive house.

I went many times to an NHS doctor (who also stayed in a very expensive house) and I spent a fortune on NHS prescriptions trying to keep excema at bay.

I went to a homeopath once. It's the best £30 I've ever spent, as a lifetime of suffering with excema disappeared within 2 weeks of taking the remedy and it has never come back.

Maybe it was just a huge coincidence, and the excema that I'd had all my life was going to totally disappear for good that month whether I'd gone to the homeopath or not. :?

it takes a lot longer than one visit to homeopath to "cure" you of your skin condition. have a read of a in depth book on the subject is not take this tablet for a specific condition its reajusting your entire bodies chemestry.

im grad that you excema has healed but dont get upset if it returns. yes youare right GPs are not the best people to deal with it. if it does come back ask to be refered to the hospital.

Frankie,

Its not that one mightn't believe you, its just that this is the very problem with homepathy: Large-scale studies shows that it does not work which would indicate that yours could simply be a large coincidence (it happens!).

Besides, if this man had invented a cure for excema, and I presume you told him it cured yours, why isn't this a world famous cure for a common, annoying problem? Perhaps because it isn't a cure.

^^

I was very sceptical of it too, and even more so after I'd had my consultation with the homeopath.

So I reckon you're right again JAS..... it must just have been a coincidence. :wink:

When it comes back again I'm definitely going to the hospital instead. I mean what are the chances of that coincidence happening twice in a lifetime ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully I don't catch an ailment worse than excema whilst I'm there. :shock:

Guest posiedon
JAS

Besides, if this man had invented a cure for excema, and I presume you told him it cured yours, why isn't this a world famous cure for a common, annoying problem? Perhaps because it isn't a cure.

If any homeopathic practitioner really believes it works, why aren't they trying to prove it's efficacy using the recognised scientific method?

If they could perform double blind tests that were repeatably and consistently positive, they would probably get a Nobel prize not just in medicine, but also in Physics and be rich beyond their wildest dreams.

The fact that no homeopaths are doing this, suggests to me that they know it's all nonsense.

This doesn't only apply to homeopathy of course, it applies to all the pseudo scientific quackery, of which this Island seems to have more than it's fair share.

On the bright side :) It looks like Nancy Malik just made a drive by post If so, consider yourselves lucky you're not having to trawl through her endless pages of spurious "links" :lol:

no im pleased that your condition has cleared up. im just not sure its down to homeopathy.

how long had you had it. was it examined by anyone other than your gp.

what job were you doing at the time, how old were you,were you under stress, had a child etc etc. with this condition there are many reasons why it can start or stop.

my wife and half the kids have this condition the gp over did steriods and thined the wifes skin making it worse she was taken as a teenager for 4+ years to see this homopath and it did not help. the only thing that the wife has found to be any good apart from the normal creams is aloe vera juice its nasty tasting stuff but it worked. the best cream was one made from a non lanolin base with raw sulphere ground into it. this healed her cracks up quickly but it did stink. hope you remain healed good luck.

Frankie I'm please your condition is better, my Peerie Nephew has suffered from it since he was born, it's all over his body, he's spent most of his young life in bandages, and was made fun of at school when he had to put his hand down his breeks to ease the itch, he's only 7 now, and his mother has tried everything, even sent to America for a "Proven" expensive treatment, still no let up, my heart aches for him, he's such a bonny happy wee boy but suffers so badly with this condition. You are one of the lucky one's, and I hope it stays that way for you. I don't blame people for trying alternative cures, when hope runs out you'll try anything, my niece has tried them all to with no joy, the doctors think it will get better as he gets older, fingers crossed :? he's not as bad as he was at 5 so maybe they're right. All the best for the new year

"Dr" Nancy Malik, you do know that here in the UK, you can't use the title Dr unless you have a recognised medical qualification, do you have one?

A BHMS (Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery) Gained in India, doesn't count by the way :lol:

Regular full time medical training for a minimum period of 5 1/2 years (BHMS) is absolutely necessary for becoming qualified to practice homeopathy in India as it gives a complete understanding not only about the structure and functioning of the human body but also a thorough understanding of the homeopathic philosophy and its practical utilization while treating diseased persons.

And to do M.D. in homeopathy further, you have to spend three more years after BHMS

The whole theory of homeopathy rests on the assumption that water has a memory, if water has a memory, why does it only remember what the homeopath puts in, and not the thousands (millions?) of other elements that it has had contact with?

Water has memory

http://avilian.co.uk/2008/08/scientific-research-and-homeopathy-water-memory/

www.lsbu.ac.uk/water/chaplin.html //memory of water

http://www.newdawnmagazine.com/Article/The%20Work%20of%20Dr.%20Masaru%20Emoto.html

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn3817

http://www.hpathy.com/papersnew/rozencwajg-energetic-information.asp