Barack Obama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j037EP3YOOM

Not that I every doubted his ability to be a president of the US, but after watching this video of a speech that he did, I'm convinced that he's pretty much the new JFK. One of the best political speeches I've ever heard, ever. Listen through for his closing line.

Isn't he amazing? :shock:

I like Barac immensely, but think that he should stand aside and let Hilary go for it this time. I think a female president with experience and a real insight in to the job (thanks to her hubby!) represents an opportunity for America to redefine it's place in the world. Barac is a natural orator who delivers quite inspirational speeches, but he still has plenty of time on his side.

A bitter and protracted inter-party battle could seriously damage the democrats chances of getting elected, paving the way for yet another republican Big Business puppet.

Either candidate would be a vast improvement over the incumbent Bush. Let's just hope the American public do the right thing.

[Either candidate would be a vast improvement over the incumbent Bush. Let's just hope the American public do the right thing]

Let's hope they do this time (they didn't twice on the trot with Bush) - however when it comes to it they will not elect someone with a name sounds a bit like Borat Osama.

:!: :!:

However, it might be prudent to very carefully consider what JFK was, what he caused to be, and where his political stance was headed, before wishing a replicant of him on the world.

Wasn't it he who Tony Blair modeled himself on - "Lets start a war we can't finish!"

It's that whole martyr thing isn't it?

It was strange being in a city where the biggest claim to fame was that the guy who shot JFK once lived here and they were proud :wink:

Yes, he certainly knows how to get people fired up. In this instance for "change", whether voters actually know what he wants to change, I'm not sure.

Don't get me wrong I like him a lot, I think he will do America a lot of good, even if the only thing him winning does is get them beyond the race debate.

The vast majority of focus in on the democrats, is it just taken for granted that the republicans are on their way out?

• 5 years later...