Firth & Mossbank

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi i have lived in mossbank for 15 years and my kids have gone to school here which despite what you read on other threads here is a good school with nice pleasant kids and good teachers.

mossbank on the whole doesnt deserve the reputation it has, it might have done once but i can assure you not any more, i wouldnt consider living in any other part of shetland we have a good bus service a youth club, out of school club and a creche.

Yes and no.

Mossbank isn't as rough as, say, certain parts of Glasgow (i.e. Easterhouse, Bridgeton, et al), or Pilton in Edinburgh, or anywhere like that. You won't get murdered or violently attacked. It's really more just vandalism, the occasional breach of the peace...stuff like that.

If you're in the south of Mossbank you're in a better position than if you're in the north.

Hope that helps.

I have stayed in Mossbank for 14 years now and it is the best place I could have ever moved to. And for your information Mossbank and and Firth are two seperate places but close to each other. Most of the trouble had been caused up Firth way but now it has calmed down, a lot better. There are lots of lovely people in Mossbank AND Firth. As for the digging holes and finding drugs, dont be daft!

Every housing scheme/estate has good and bad staying in it. Mossbank had a reputation of being rough with any old person coming off the boat being housed there. I don't know if that was true and I'm sure loads of others are the same, but I don't feel any part of Shetland has a bad area to live.

As for digging holes to hide drugs I wouldn't go out in this freezing weather to try it and if Mossbank folk are anything like some folk in the rest of the isles then they would have seen the culprits out digging!

It's about time people live and let live.

Every housing scheme/estate has good and bad staying in it. Mossbank had a reputation of being rough with any old person coming off the boat being housed there. I don't know if that was true and I'm sure loads of others are the same, but I don't feel any part of Shetland has a bad area to live.

I dunno...I can't say there's too much great about Brae these days either...

Would you care to elaborate on that statement spencey? To give such a definite affirmation you must have some experience to draw upon, surely?

Personally i have never lived or even stayed the night in mossbank or firth, apart from a night long ago after a gig when there were no taxis but that's another story, and as such i don't feel qualified to comment. I do know some very nice people from the area, respectable and hard-working, some local, some incoming and some others i have heard the reputation of some considerable time ago.

The problem with this thread is that it is a leading question from the outset. I uphold sludgegulper's concern as to the motivation for starting it. How about we just have a thread called "Is [insert place here] as bad as it's reputation?" because, of course, every locality in these islands and indeed the world have their bad sorts as well as good. "Cripes, imagine living in Lerrick with all those criminals you see in the paper" and yet how many live there? Thousands? So they must all be bad, right?

So, storminnorman, perhaps you should reconsider your move to mossbank, and instead choose to move somewhere that there are no criminals, drug users, bigots, xenophobes or snobbery, which leaves..........erm, somebody help me here............ :wink:

So, storminnorman, perhaps you should reconsider your move to mossbank, and instead choose to move somewhere that there are no criminals, drug users, bigots, xenophobes or snobbery, which leaves..........erm, somebody help me here............ :wink:

Mousa?....Havera?....Ve Skerries?....Uyea?....

Ahhh....but who knows what disgusting habits them selkies and maas might have picked up by now. The maalies especially are some piece of work, gob right in your face faster as look at you. :?

I was tinkin Havra me'sell GR, but den i minded at maest o the visitors would be Burra folk and we aa ken whit der lik. Mousa , but it's aaful near sannick and der aa joost trouble, an tink o aa da soothmoothers comin tae visit! Uyea, weel we aa ken dat da isles fokj wid hae da claes aff your back if you neebit aff which joost leaves Ve skerries..........now how wid i git my covered wagon, ex-dray horse and scabby dug on a string ower dare?

:wink:

By da wye, yun selkies ir a bad lot, you can tell kis dir aa fat and dey smell funny.