Down's syndrome women used as bombers

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article3287373.ece

Baghdad’s fragile peace was shattered yesterday when explosives strapped to two women with Down’s syndrome were detonated by remote control in crowded pet markets, killing at least 91 people in the worst attacks that the capital had experienced for almost a year.

Iraqi and American officials blamed al-Qaeda, and accused the terrorist organisation of plumbing new depths of depravity. Condoleezza Rice, the US Secretary of State, said that al-Qaeda’s use of mentally-handicapped women as bombers showed that it had “no political programme here that is acceptable to a civilised society and that this is the most brutal and the most bankrupt of movementsâ€.

Ryan Crocker, the US Ambassador, said: “There is nothing they won’t do if they think it will work in creating carnage and the political fallout that comes from that.â€

Al-Qaeda has behaved in an utterly deplorable way, how anyone can sink so low as to do this leaves me speechless with horror.

I know they have used women bombers before, but they at least chose to die - the poor women killed yesterday had no idea of what was going to happen to them.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am utterly sick to my stomach ans so very saddened at this news....Have these people NO ShAME...

My son is Downs and a more loving trusting peaceful soul you would be hard put to find.....These ladies would have had no idea of whay was being asked of them...and what of their families? Why on earth would they want to subject them to such an end? Has it come down to it now that they will prey on these vulnerable people as a means to get what they want>.. Surely this shows the depths of depravity that their zelots will go to......My grandson if in Iraq along with many many of our boys and they are risking their lives to try and put an end to all this waring ...he will be davasted to lnow that these girls were just like his nephew.....

Guest Anonymous

^^^^Do I need to mention Religious Fanaticism??

Damned sure they knew what was happening.

As did every other member of their sickening religion. :evil:

As a person who has never, in the past, hated any religion, I can tell you that I am changing my beliefs. :twisted:

Maybe that pedo that is known as the perfect human i.e. the prophet muhammid has somthing to say about it, I have the Koran here but to tell the truth its full of so much turd like enslaveing people, killing the kaffer (none beliveier) etc it must do, but I get fed up looking it up.

I have yet to see any condemnation of this event from the UK muslim community. When you consider the outcry and protest marches that were held over the publiction of a cartoon which depicted the prophet Muhammad as a terrorist, the sound of silence over the killing of these 2 women is deafening.

Can we perhaps recall that this was thought to be committed by Al-Quaeda, a terrorist organisation, not the muslim faith in general.

To draw a comparison; this is no different than saying that all those of christian background are as despicable as Hitler, even the somewhat famous mother Theresa!

Before anybody tries to imply it: I'm not defending the terrorist act, (quite the opposite in fact, i think the perpetrators, whoever they may be, are beyond contempt) or the muslim faith, i'm just correcting the implications here that somehow 'all muslims are to blame'. It's that kind of attitude that stokes the fires of division and creates a victory for the terrorists.

i'm just correcting the implications here that somehow 'all muslims are to blame'. It's that kind of attitude that stokes the fires of division and creates a victory for the terrorists.

I think it's the deafening silence from muslim leaders on this subject that implies that all muslims are to blame along with their paranoid ranting at every percieved "insult" to their precious prophet. Where's the fatwah against Osama? Where's the condemnation of Al'Quaeda? Until I here that I will continue to feel quite justified in my assumption that most muslims support this barbarism!