Can anyone help?

Silvercloud

DAB radios reception varies all over so could be best to check out Here

As for TVs I personally don't trust any of the local retailers, but I do believe that are starting to wake up a bit and realise most people shop south now.

Just make sure you get a warranty with what ever TV you buy and you should be safe enough.

Some helpful posts that you may find answer some of your questions

http://www.shetlink.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2618

http://www.shetlink.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1973

there is no DAB in shetland and no plan for it ever to be introduced. while in curry's their logik internet radio's are currently the best value if you want to continue listening to your favourite radio stations. unfortunately they are no longer at the 20quid mark now the sale is over.

There is a croft (is it a croft? A small two bedroom crofthouse with some land - I don't know about crofting laws) coming up for sale on Papa Stour shortly. It's being tidied up at the moment and I'll be going over to take some photographs of it in the next few weeks and putting it online. the current owners have been growing their own vegetables and raising their own livestock and have been pretty much self sufficient with what land they have to work with. It's right next to the Papa Stour land linked to in a previous post.

I'll post a link to the site here when it becomes available.

Thanks, khitajtrah.

We are have chosen and are buying our property already. I was only intending to grow veggies for our personal (and perhaps neighbours') use so I don't need to much land; just a big enough patch should suffice.

Thanks also to Twerto and MJ. I will try the links as suggested.

I appreciate the assistance.

Whilst typing this, I am sitting in my office which is situated 2 floors below ground level in the centre of London. Being in Shetland is like being in a different universe by comparison. I can't wait to return there.

No, at present the previous tennant can make the assignation to who ever they desire. Locals, crofters & the landlord (and any other interested parties) can object to the assignation if they have reasonable grounds. The assignation process is supposed to ensure that the incommer will maintain the croft and undertake agricultural/crofting activities.

The assignation of crofts is being looked into as part of the crofting reforms currently underway. It would seem highly probable that new conditions/requirements will be brought into the assignation process given the progressive increase in agricultural regulation and bureaucracy.

Hi,

Thanks for the info about the Croft any info on Crofts will continue to be extremely useful to us however Papa Stour maybe just that little bit too far out but otherwise sound s just about what we are looking for.

We continue in our quest.

We will definately be putting an ad in Shetland Times shortly.

Thanks again and gratful of any updates on any news of Crofts

Silvercloud