The Problems With Liverpool.

JAStewart

Rafa should...  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa should...

• Stay
    • Leave

Couldn't believe Andy Townsend's assertion that Liverpool "deserved that little bit of luck" last night. That after one of the worst red card decisions I've ever seen, and TWO deflected goals - the second deflected twice!

Liverpool should just have Gerrard take goal kicks; they'll deflect 8,000 times and go in.

How bad are Liverpool to watch at the moment? A "big club" playing a similar style of football to Bolton.

Rafa's position is completely untenable, and - therefore - hilarious.

Carling Cup = out.

F.A Cup = out.

Premiership = out (possibly 4th).

Champions league = in (but helluva long way to go).

Chelsea, Aresenal and Man United are the big three. Liverpool don't come close and "the big 4" is just a myth. If you take Carragher, Gerrard and Torres out of the team livepool would be awful. Squad rotation does not work with Rafa.

TWO deflected goals - the second deflected twice!

Gerrard's goal? It didn't actually deflect at all. And I hate Liverpool, so I'd happily diss their goals as deflections, but it was completely unfair to claim that it took a deflection.. look at the reverse angle:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2782422266880230798#14m09s

My apologies, I was clearly unable to see properly at that point owing to the red mist from ITV Sport's coverage. It was far, far worse than England in major tournaments - and that takes some beating!

Didier Hamann claiming that Liverpool "do so well in Europe because their passing style is far more suited to the Champions League than the Premiership". Em - WHAT?!?! Surely this isn't the same Liverpool I've been unfortunate enough to have seen live far too often this season??

An especially ridiculous comment after a game which they won by bringing on that big mutant 1st-division striker to lump long balls to.

Commodore - Don't even get me started on Lampard.