Van Hire - Cheapest in Lerwick?

BigMouth

I used a Star Rent-A-Car transit van recently and found them to be very helpful and efficient. Their prices were only average, but their terms and professionalism were more acceptable than some of the others I contacted.

Grantfield, for example, were unhelpful and lost my business within about 2 minutes after they picked up the telephone. Their prices were perhaps a few quid less per day than Rent-A-Car, but it seemed worth paying a little bit extra in this situation.

Thanks a lot for the answers folks. I had a bad experience with Star some time ago when I took over a car that the tank only read 3/4 full. They told me that the gauge was faulty and the tank was actually full. I took them at their word. Needless to say, after a bit of driving around I filled the tank and it took much more than I thought that it should have for the mileage that I had done and the gauge went to full. They lost a lot of business with that little stunt.

Perhaps I should be big about it now and forgive them!

• 4 months later...

Hiya does anyone know of a Van Hire company that does one way rentals from the mainland to shetland? We are pretty desperate as we need to move stuff that cant go with Shetland transport. Also can anyone share there experiences of using Shetland Transport with fragile items? Any help or ideas would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks

(*** Mod - Merged with existing topic ***)