Lets do something crazy - For Shetland - Do this and be cool

JAStewart

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only got one peerie question, did anyone read the disclaimer?

The Presidents booking disclaimer

At 2:00 PM (PST) on Monday, March 3, 2008 the top 5 cities win the opportunity to host a performance by PUSA in their city, subject to PUSA’s agent’s ability to find a venue that will: (i) provide and pay for Artist’s requirements (including, without limitation, payment of performance fee based on artist market value [must be negotiated with artist agent] to PUSA and fulfill PUSA’s production requirements, as provided in PUSA’s rider, to be issued to the venue under separate cover); and (ii) fulfill all of its obligations pursuant to the agreement to be issued by PUSA (or its agent) under separate written cover.

Now who do you think the agent will be able to find to fill those requirements in Lerwick? (I'm no trying to be a party pooper)

Only got one peerie question, did anyone read the disclaimer?

Now who do you think the agent will be able to find to fill those requirements in Lerwick? (I'm no trying to be a party pooper)

I understand the concern with the disclaimer. I do believe though, that this will show them at the very least that there are people in Shetland who are keen to see them.

To be honest, if they want to play but cannot find a place to play therefore having to skip it, that would be understandable.

Does Shetland have anywhere entirely suitable? Not really. Its well worth a shot though, you never know.

Also, if they rejected it on the basis that there wasn't a suitable enough place to play... well I've never heard a better argument for the building of Mareel!

I said that I'd met them and that they had expressed an interesting in coming to Shetland, as visitors or performers. But then again most bands will say that to please the fans if they ask :D

They can easily refuse it, read the disclaimer. But they're really nice guys and I'm sure that they'll all try really hard to honour this.

Haha I see a disgruntled Fort Wayne, IL user thinks we've been using a computer program to register votes. I too was surprised by the rate of which we got votes, but then again I did pretty much tell every single shetlander than I knew, even my mum!

Not too familiar with the presidents band.

I think loads of bands would come to Shetland if asked, and if there was a decent venue...cough cough

Loads of bands now struggle to sell albums, however established they may be or have been, so rely on funding/wages from tours and merchandising...recording deals may be for 1 album only and a short tour, with little left over, so bands need to get clever about marketing their product and playing in far off places like shetland.

A few gigs in Shetland would earn a band some cash, plus cheapo tickets on the northlink. I know flints pays decent cash for a band. Compare that to what bands south (average £50 a gig for a whole band)make its rich pickings.

Of course, its not all about the cash, but you need some incentive to continue to attract bands up.

How about another rock festival / ....planning persmission etc etc and all that is now problematic, but aim high..

I think it would be very inventive for a band to do a proper UK tour, beginning at the v.top at Shetland, then orkney...you catch my drift.

Cheers

Thats pretty funny that they think its all fixed, goes to show the power of a small community (and the internet of course) if a peerie place like Shetland can power ahead of the likes of Chicago and Seattle.

And it goes to show that not all elections involving America and Presidents are rigged....... :)

Hi

I am new here and I am from St. Louis and see you have a great fan base of people willing to get votes out for your city. I was wanting to know if they could help my city out as well I know you got the #1 spot all i am asking is to get into the top 5 here is a link to St. Louis so you can vote also hope you can help I also voted for Lerwick too. so if you can help since they canceled last time theywere on tour in 2003 and I wanted to go do bad. So if you can that would be great. http://eventful.com/demand/D0-001-001028691-8/join#demand-flow=location As of right now since it hasn't updated the demands it was at 43 but just checked it and it is at 44 so please do what you can to get this fan of them since 1995 and never saw them live since the only time they canceled.

Sorry we can only vote for one place.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree here - you should search for a community forum based in St. Louis.

I'd love to help you as one PUSA fan to another, but I don't want to risk losing a top 5 spot, incase there is a late surge from a town or towns.