Scottish Referees

JAStewart

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^

I won't hold my breath.

I'll admit that you are probably right, although I think his spell at Blackburn showed that he is not as good as some people think.

Best Scottish player in SPL - yes

Best player in SPL - No

I reckon the Mods may get involved here, so I'll suggest some new title's for them........

MiM's SPL Conspiracy Theory

10,000 Reasons Why Hearts Are The Best Team In Scotland

Write About Your Hatred Of The Old Firm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll see your Jim Farry....and raise you a.....how the blankety blank did HE get the job.... Gord-hun Smith

Methinks you can now safely bet yer mortgage on the Huns for the League Cup Final. :roll:

My Jim Farry trumps ALL SFA administrators.

I agree that the present incumbent is little more than a joke, (which presumably qualifies him for the post) however, until it's proven in a court of law that he deliberately hinders Celtic, Farry's deliberate actions will remain the biggest stain on the SFA. There's plenty more anecdotal evidence, but proof in court is a whole new ball game, pun intended.

In fact, I can't understand why Rangers' fans aren't absolutely raging about Farrygate as well. Their nine-in-a-row WAS aided and abetted by Jim Farry. Of that there is no doubt.

Whilst it's 99% true to state that Rangers most likely didn't need or seek his help, such was the state of the challenge to Rangers during the Farry era, the fact remains that help was given by the SFA.

Whatever Rangers achieved during Farry's tenure is undoubtedly tainted.

I'll see your Jim Farry....and raise you a.....how the blankety blank did HE get the job.... Gord-hun Smith

IIRC he was fairly unanimously regarded as the best man for the job. Surely any candidate should have to have a footballing background, whether hibee, jambo, fenian or hun.

And, when I read that article I come to a slightly different conclusion than yourself, he was apparently mis-quoted originally.

In fact, I can't understand why Rangers' fans aren't absolutely raging about Farrygate as well. Their nine-in-a-row WAS aided and abetted by Jim Farry. Of that there is no doubt.

Fill me in, wiki only mentions Cadete and a Scottish Cup final.

Should he have been booked ?

If the laws of the game were being applied fairly and consistently, then yes, he should have been booked.

You must admit tho' , he really is the top Scottish player playing in the SPL just now.

I must admit no such thing. :lol: :lol: the Weedgia seem to be collectively creaming themselves over the performances of Cabbage Patch Kid Judas McGreedy...he's Scottish....isn't he?

IIRC he was fairly unanimously regarded as the best man for the job. Surely any candidate should have to have a footballing background.

Who were the other candidates if Gord-hun was considered the best?

And, when I read that article I come to a slightly different conclusion than yourself, he was apparently mis-quoted originally.

Mis-quoted....according to whom? Himself? Not like a public figure to claim that one, eh?

And the alleged mis-quote refers only to the 'letters of complaint' debacle, the article mentioned other instances of his incompetence.

If it's okay with you I'll give Craig Levein's opinion a bit more credence than yours.

Should he have been booked ?

If the laws of the game were being applied fairly and consistently, then yes, he should have been booked.

Although I watched the whole game, I can't remember any incident involving Barry that merited a yellow card.

I assume it must have happened in the first half, can you tell me why he should have been booked ?

Ferguson runs 10 yards to push Miko to the ground with both hands, (bookable offence but of course Barry Ferguson is not allowed to be booked). The foul is given and Barry Ferguson backs away saying something along the lines of '{'f' it was funny in Father Ted 'eck'} off, it's always you, it's always you, fecking little ersehole' (incidentally he kept glancing over in the direction of the camera as he had his wee rant, trying to perpetuate the Miko = diving cheat myth. Sorry Barry we all saw you push him over, it wasn't a dive, dickhead). Which is quite ridiculous given the fact that it was clearly shown on the TV to be deliberate. BF again escapes a booking or ordering off for the language. And to top it off the Sultana commentator says that Miko apparently has 'a history of diving', well show the incident again then you tool, you'll see it was a push.

Perhaps that's why you didn't see it Frankie - it doesn't suit the media to show Miko as the victim he most certainly has been in the recent past.

Most teams now seem to have cottoned on to the tactic that it's okay to foul Miko as long as they shout at him instantly thereafter to perpetuate the diving myth. And many of our incompetent band of officials allow it to happen.

^^

:lol: :lol:

Any bit in particular?

Or all of it?

Quite an easy response to make, Frankie.

Too near the truth for you, so dismiss it as something to laugh at?

BF again escapes a booking or ordering off for the language.

Just as well Da Flea wasn't ref then !!

At least da Flea was consistent. And fair.

Shame he didn't know the laws of the game :roll:

For sure the behaviour of the majority of the players leaves a lot to be desired.

Maybe football could take a leaf or two from the rugby law-book.

And as for the strength of my emotions....I'm as calm as a duck. :wink:

I totally agree.

As far as I'm concerned most professional footballers go on to the pitch intent on trying to gain any advantage they can by fair or foul means. What other sport does that happen in ? They appeal every decision and verbally abuse the referee if they don't get it their way. It's a total nightmare for referees. Given the amount of abuse and lack of respect they get it's a wonder there are any refs at all.

The biggest problem I see with this is that there is so much TV coverage of it that our kids see it and think that it's acceptable.

Yes, that includes Barry Ferguson's rant the other night.

The biggest problem I see with this is that there is so much TV coverage of it that our kids see it and think that it's acceptable, and it spreads into society as a whole.

I'd dearly hope (probably forlornly in many, many cases) that the adults responsible for running teams for youngsters would instil in them the absolute requirement to accept that the referee IS the sole judge of what is and isn't fair play in his/her opinion.

Maybe the adults on the sidelines would do well to remember that as well...*cough* toy shop owner *cough* :roll:

Doesn't alter my view that in Scottish there's one set of rules for the Old Firm and one set of rules for the rest of us.

Even one referee (can't remember which one - now retired) is on record as stating that the OF game has to be refereed differently from any other domestic game in Scotland.

To my mind that means there will be incidents that will go unpunished by a booking whereas in any other game a booking would result.

Therefore there are 4 league games a season where OF players get away with a reduced chance of booking and hence will ultimately accrue fewer suspensions.

Now don't try and tell me that's a level playing field.