Scottish Referees

JAStewart

No big deal.

I think the ref made an honest judgement. It was a decision that could have gone either way. Some you get some you don't.

Would anyone be mentioning it as a bad decision if Nakamura hadn't scored ?

I agree. Wasn't a great decision but having heard about it I was expecting something awful. Wasn't that bad.

And I will never understand why goalkeepers are so bothered about covering the side of the goal protected by the wall... makes it far easier for the free kick taker when they shift over to that side.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dB - There are none as blind as those who won't see :wink:

One question MiM.

Why are Celtic the only Scottish SPL team who regularly have players booked for celebrating goals too near their fans, one such booking resulting in an ordering off for JVoH..??

I'm not complaining about the rule, merely the fact that ALL other teams can celebrate in such a fashion with apparent impunity.

I was going to ask if you knew who had the greater number of bookings this season, the Rangers defence and midfield or Aidan McGeady but I thought that would be way too obvious.

dB - There are none as blind as those who won't see :wink:

One question MiM.

Why are Celtic the only Scottish SPL team who regularly have players booked for celebrating goals too near their fans, one such booking resulting in an ordering off for JVoH..??

I'm not complaining about the rule, merely the fact that ALL other teams can celebrate in such a fashion with apparent impunity.

I was going to ask if you knew who had the greater number of bookings this season, the Rangers defence and midfield or Aidan McGeady but I thought that would be way too obvious.

One rule for one and one rule for the others. Cousin went to the crowd when he scored yesterday but of course the ref didn`t bother booking him, did have to laugh at him though and the Rangers support, was it the same player they were booing against Panathinikos when he came on. Most Scottish Refs are a joke end of story, Kenny Clark bein one along with the Reverend Mike McCurry!

^^

Cast your mind back to 03 October 2007.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44156000/jpg/_44156814_fan203.jpg

Bear in mind Scott McDonald had already been booked in the 71st. min.

None of these players were booked for this celebration in the crowd.

As I said earlier, some decisions you get, some you don't. Just be adult about it and accept it.

And before you say it wasn't a Scottish ref, Celtic fans have moaned no end about decisions given against them in Europe as well.

Some Celtic fans are as fickle as some Rangers fans. It's not so long ago that Aiden McGeady wasn't flavour of the month amongst a lot of Celtic fans.

One question MiM.

Why are Celtic the only Scottish SPL team who regularly have players booked for celebrating goals too near their fans

They aren't. Simple as that.

one such booking resulting in an ordering off for JVoH..??
...and that's irrelevant. A booking's a booking. Perhaps, playing for one of the Old Firm, he assumed he'd be able to get away with it.

Seriously - this Celtic-as-victims notion is believed by nobody other than Celtic fans.

I promised myself I wouldn't bite, but hey-ho. :roll:

I promised myself I wouldn't bite, but hey-ho. :roll:

I think dB was being serious. I don't think it was intended to be a wind up MiM. :wink:

A lot of Celtic fans really do believe nearly everyone is against them.

I'm no biting either. This could take up more time than I have.

Anyone remember Jim Farry...??? :?:

^^^^

What the bloody hell are you talking about?

Where, in my post have I made any reference to that particular game?

If it's quite alright with you, I'd rather not talk about it. :cry:

dB posted the name of one Scottish football (former) administrator against whom Celtic fans have a (or possibly several) major gripe.

I posted the name (almost :wink: ), with a link to a newspaper article, of the current heid honcho of the SFA who - if you'd read the article - appears to be 'stumbling from one ridiculous blunder to another'.

Is that simple enough for you to understand?

Fjool I'm surprised he has managed to keep to calm for this long. How dare Celtic & Rangers be better than Hearts, 53 years of supporting Hearts would make anyone bitter though.

Glad I finally got a rise out of you MiM, first decent one anyway. I know you didn't post that because your team were 4-0 down, but I did find the timing of the post ironic.