Can anyone recommend an online electronic retailer?

Kevin

Hi aye

I've been thinkin on buying a 32inch flat screen TV for a few weeks and finally decided to order one from Amazon tonight only to discover that they won't deliver 'large' items here. Can anyone recommend a decent company to order from? I'm going to order a panasonic viera.

Cheers

Kevin

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got quite a bit of experience buying televisions from the internet as the local shop here is quite extortionate and unhelpful. I don't bother with the hydro because their service is quite poor so you have no other option but to buy south. Go onto pricerunner type in the model of television you want then you will get a list of companies with user ratings next to them. Make your choice from there, you may have to phone a few companies until you find one that will accept your credit card without having to send to your billing address as most do. When you find one you have to give them the address of Streamline in Aberdeen, contact the Lerwick branch and they will give you the address. You will have to pay about 30 to 40 quid to get it here but thats just the price. I know this is long winded but it is actually quite simple to do. By the way the best price for my plasma and the easiest way to go was use AV ADDICTS. I had to do a BACS (CHAPS) payment through the bank but it was quite easy to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm out of breathe!!!! Good Luck.

We ordered our TV from http://www.play.com best thing is delivery is free even to here :)

They have quite a few different models of the Viera

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/6-/Search.html?searchstring=panasonic+viera&searchtype=ELEC&searchsource=1

And they are even offering one with a DVD recorder

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3438505/Panasonic-Viera-32-TX-32LMD70-HD-Ready-Freeview-LCD-TV-+-DMR-EZ27EB-K-DVD-Recorder-Bundle/Product.html

When you find one you have to give them the address of Streamline in Aberdeen, contact the Lerwick branch and they will give you the address. You will have to pay about 30 to 40 quid to get it here but thats just the price.

Most online retailers dont differentiate between islands of the uk, the UK is the UK - id really try to find one that doesnt charge excess postage or even free to shetland like ebuyer or those already mentioned

From Play.com

# If your delivery address is outside of Jersey, you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. You should note that customs policies vary widely from country to country; Play.com advises each customer to contact their local customs office for further information.

Something we all ought to be aware of with the likes of Play.com is that we can get stung for VAT and import duty once our order reaches this country. Applies to orders over £18 which is why DVDs are sent individually. The relevant bit of their Ts & Cs above is clause 37 of their small print.

When you find one you have to give them the address of Streamline in Aberdeen, contact the Lerwick branch and they will give you the address. You will have to pay about 30 to 40 quid to get it here but thats just the price.

Most online retailers dont differentiate between islands of the uk, the UK is the UK - id really try to find one that doesnt charge excess postage or even free to shetland like ebuyer or those already mentioned

I tried 7 or 8 fifferent companies who certainly did differentiate between islands, they just didn't send to any islands if your credit card is addressed to your home.

Just for the record I just purchased my television on Monday so this problem is certainly current!!

Hi aye

I've been thinkin on buying a 32inch flat screen TV for a few weeks and finally decided to order one from Amazon tonight only to discover that they won't deliver 'large' items here. Can anyone recommend a decent company to order from? I'm going to order a panasonic viera.

They do and they have. One of our staff ordered a 32" HDTV and they happily delivered. Are you sure that the supplier is Amazon and not one of their 'partners'?

Personally I use Play.com who will deliver and another of our staff has used DigiUK for his Panny Viera 37". I used Toshiba directly for my screen and the charge was £12 for delivery to my house. Great service.

I've got quite a bit of experience buying televisions from the internet as the local shop here is quite extortionate and unhelpful. I don't bother with the hydro because their service is quite poor so you have no other option but to buy south.

You'd think that in this day and age of HDTV and big flat panels someone would go kerching, I can make a bit of cash here by offering a decent service and supply, but no. What is it with the Hydro? A grotty dirty shop and deeply unhelpful staff, and Bolts is turning itself into an overpriced second rate furniture shop? Disappointing, and no wonder the business and therefore the money goes south.