The psychology of colour

Fjool

Looks like 'Ness have the right coloured strip, and Whitedale could do with a change if this report is to be believed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wear/7289486.stm

The success of football teams wearing red shirts - including Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal - is no coincidence, academics have revealed.

Scientists at universities in Plymouth and Durham analysed data on all English league clubs since World War II and found home teams in red won more often.

Players in yellow or orange shirts had the worst record but performances away from home did not show any differences.

^^ You're right that it would be better elsewhere. I've moved it now. ;)

As for the pink/yellow car thing... of course you refer to the fact that there are less cars of these colours on the road. The article doesn't mention how they balanced for this in their 'study'.... are there more teams with red strips? I don't know.

Of course it's a nonsense study. I just wonder quite how these kinds of things manage to make national news the whole time. :?