Budget Calculator

Looks like crofters will have to trade in the Landy for a Smart car. When somone invents a device to allow you to tow a cattle box with one they could make their millions!

Nice to see the government doing their bit for rural communities again!

Guest Anonymous
£37+ worse off....thankyou Gurdun Broon, a year of two more and I'll be expected to do the impossible - live off a minus amount. :roll:

du seems to find plenty of time to post on shetlink on a computer using the internet of worms>

No aabody can afford da luxuries, an nichts oot, dat students can, a twartree o wis aulder craetirs need wir pooter fur a bit o entertainment.

Bit dan, onybody dat haes a black pussy fur an avatar, sudna really be listened tae.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

well i was just playing around with diffrent income amounts

so if your on nat min wage working about 35 hrs a week you will earn about 10 grand a year, say you dont drink or smoke but you do have a nice little economical car to get you to work and back (band C but its just not new enough so gets charged full whack) you will lose out by £107

however if you got a pay rise / better job say 12 grand a year you only lose out by £67 or say a pay rise to 14 grand a year you only lose out by £27

am i missing something here..... people with least lose more?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yes you are. It is called Modern Natural Selection. The rich and powerful gain the most while the underdogs get next to nothing. In a way, it is a wonderful evolutionary process. The human being, in its ever more endearing habits tries to strive for greatness. In doing this it turns the well-off into greed and the poor into slavery. The whole evolutionary process turns back on itself until it turns into a murky war which ends all humanity. Den da clock beetle taks ower! Mwahahahaha.

The poor have always had to make do with the turdey end of the stick, the rich have had to do little to remain rich.

Money comes to those that have money, always has and always will. If you make it difficult for the people with money to live in the UK (too high taxes) then they will take their money and their high-living lifestyles out of the UK. You are then left with a country with no money at all.

Lose/lose situation.

The loss of the 10% tax band may account for this.

From

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2008/03/12/cmbudget112.xml

LOSERS

Low earners: with the 10 per cent income tax band disappearing from April, many low earners will see their marginal tax rate rise. For those on lower incomes the reduction in basic rate tax (which will fall from 22p to 20p in the pound in April) will not compensate them from doubling the tax they pay on earnings between £5435 and £7455 a year.