The French

Do you like the french?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the french?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

I agree, a ridiculous thread. That's not doing anybody any favours.

I think you have to take this sort of post as it is intended - as a bit of provocotive tongue-in-cheek debate. It's very Styles.

I like the French. They are a splendid people in my opinion although they have their fair share of arses, like anywhere. They have a great way of life and although I admire Sarkozy I would hate it if he turned France more like Britain, which seems to be his intention. I think I might prefer France to Scotland which increasingly seems like a country dominated by neds and dunderheads.

I personally think a thread like this is fine. However there's something about the hypocrisy of modern life that had this thread been about Pakistan it would never have lasted this long. It seems we're not allowed to express negative views about other countries these days in case it's seen as racist, whereas positive views are fine. That's totally illogical.

...However there's something about the hypocrisy of modern life that had this thread been about Pakistan it would never have lasted this long...

Yes, imagine if Styles had substituted French for Muslims or garlic munchers for niggers and we would have had a very different looking thread.

• 5 months later...