Loganair Baggage

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm not gonna argue this topic anymore-I get enough abuse already at work from the punters without gettin it here as well.

:lol:

You were advised that it had been reported on the news that loganair had upped its baggage allowance, yet you chose to completely rubbish that statement and also decide on logainair's behalf that they never would increase the allowance, despite the fact its not your decision to make.

If I was met by you at so called customer services having heard this I wouldn’t be best pleased.

Its understandable to state that staff are the last to know, but in situations like that you investigate and ask, not state in the face of evidence to the contrary that its untrue - that’s why I would be annoyed with staff.

Loganair at this time, have NOT upped the baggage allowance.

The following is from Loganairs own website:

Checked Baggage

Loganair's maximum free baggage allowance on all aircraft types is 15kg per person. When you check-in, please ensure your baggage is secure, labelled with your name and destination address, and that old destination labels are removed. Do not pack medication, important documents, valuable items or cash in your checked Baggage and please do not carry any unidentified Baggage for other people as this is considered a security risk.

Excess Baggage

If you have baggage in excess of your free allowance, it will only be accepted if space is available at a charge of £10, the maximum any 1 bag can weigh is 30kgs. Any additional pieces of luggage will be charged at £10.

Golf Equipment

There is a fixed charge of £10 per sector for the carriage of golf clubs. This is included in the cost of the day packages to Islay or Machrihanish.

Defined as one bag containing not more than 14 clubs, one dozen balls and one pair of golf shoes. There is a limit to the number of sets that can be carried on each aircraft. Please advise the reservations agent that you intend carrying your clubs as part of your baggage allowance.

This isn’t about loganair's out of date website (would you really expect the terms and conditions on a website to be updated the same day?) its about your refusal to accept that the company could have possibly changed its baggage allowance and that even when you were presented with evidence to the contrary, ie a news story with an interview with the chief exec, you still refused to believe it and even went further to state that they NEVER will increase it.

Its customer service like this that I take real offence to, those moments when speaking with staff when you feel like you are talking to a large brick wall.

Well I'm not gonna argue this topic anymore-I get enough abuse already at work from the punters without gettin it here as well.

:lol:

Would help if staff were told these things before management start talking to the media. As a fairly frequent traveller I have seen check in staff taking all sorts of abuse from passengers and I certainly could not put up with it for very long.

You have to admit, if sharalee99 was only looking at their website, the info on it had not been updated, she was not to know, especially as it seems the management went to the media before informing their staff!

I'd want to see my manager for an explanation if that is the case.

you're missing the point, we didnt say that she should know about it as soon as it was announced. She indicated that the BBC news made up the story!

well looks like we'll be allowed 20kg, to begin with anyway, according to this lunchtime's orkney and shetland bulletin.

Sorry to disappoint-the allwance is 15kg not 20kg. Never has been 20kg and never will be. If the plane was full and every person had 20kg, the plane wouldn't be able to take off. Perhaps the people who spout this stuff should find out the correct info before broadcasting it.

Here we go http://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2008/10/07/loganair-bows-to-pressure-over-luggage-limits/

The new operator initially said it would impose the restriction when it takes over the service later this month, but following local concerns highlighted in The Shetland Times last week it has decided to begin with a 20kg limit for a trial period, just under the 23kg allowed by British Airways.

At the end of the day, whatever the limit is set at, whether it be 15, 20 or even if it were 30kg, it still wouldn't please some people. The simple answer is if you want to avoid baggage charges, don't go over the limit-when they finally make up their minds what that is going to be!

You can have a pop at me for not knowing that the limit was going to be changed, but I do not have a crystal ball I'm afraid-I wish I did!

Who thought a wee suitcase would make people so rude?

Except that I just checked on the website of one UK bank and the charge to the business for accepting credit cards is 2% of the transaction value and for debit cards just 25p per transaction. I think that is typical for the major banks. That is like a family of 4 should pay just 25p booking with a debit card. Yes there are yearly charges to consider as well but other retailers do not apply surcharges and where they are common such as in the budget end of the travel business they are more like 2% credit card and perhaps £1 for a debit card.

Starting to wonder if the rules governing advertising of airline fares might restrict Flybe from making excessive charges over and above the fare shown. Perhaps some of the things the Flybe spokesperson used to justify (?) the high charges such as possible claw back of money might more properly be built in to the fare. After all Tesco do not add a "shoplifter surcharge" at the checkout.

its good that they have kept the limit at 20 but really i fly twice a mnth normally from shetland to the mainland and its amazing some ppl the hand baggage they will take!! its small planes you just cant take so much!

and if i can pack all my gear for work which can be unlimited times but usally around 4 weeks including work gear boliersuit, helmet etc and still be 14-15 kg i reckon most ppl pack way too much stuff!!!

20kg is a good limit tho.

i dont think flybe will be that bad, credit card charges are common. best ive discoverd about flying the shetland route is be flexible i.e mid week as opposed too weekends etc and book ahead really all we can do!

in the sitituation like the world is in now we have a superb connection with the mainland thru flights and ferry ok there are niggles that seem unfair like why should orkeny get 2 boat from shetalnd - orkney - aberdeen in a weekend when they have already muliple ferrys too mainland!!!

but on the whole its a decent service!!

Far better than the buis service!!!!!!!!!!!!