camping

Weel I'm no sure aboot the mainland, but if you had a peerie boat you could go tae een of the peerie islands that lie just aff of some of the bigger islands. ie. Hascosy, Linga or wherever. I wid think that you could get a mobile signal on these peerie islands because they are so close tae the main islands. You wid need a fine day tae camp on een of these islands though.

It's maybe a peerie bit too ambitious though if your just lookin' fir a peerie fun night we your bairns, but just an idea.

If you were lookin' fir a BIG fun, you could camp on the Sumburgh airstrip?!

Doon aroond Spiggie isna too bad. Especially this time of year...none of those bloody campers about! In all seriousness though it is in a sheltered area, beaches nearby and if the need arises due to being in close proximity to small children, there is a pub nearby. Although, it is for sale at the moment and I fear that a night of camping may reduce you to buying the place merely to get the available beds that you require.

If you are looking for an absolutely splendid place to go camping I would highly recommend Foula - if you are looking for peace and quiet it is the place to go. I have to say there is no shop, no post office, no pub, nothing - you don't even see any people as they all hide! So take a good suitcase full of grub, a trolley full of bog roll and brace yourself to feel like the true Grizzley Adams. :D

Guest perrie-lipper

Camping is great fun, throughout my younger years there were lots of us that used to go camping in Shetland, many a story around a small camp fire at night!!

Eshaness is a lovely place depending on the wind factor. Get a nice day and the exploration is endless. Sigh posts at the Eshaness lighthouse with a little history of the area.

The island of yell, has many a beach worth pitching beside for a night or two, worth taking your fishing rod.