Eyes go upwards, It all depends on where you grow your spuds, If you have them in tubs you could limit their production, but in theory, a bag of fertilizer ans a couple of large tubs wont cost the earth, mm no joke intended..

You may have to experiment over time, Rome wasn't built in a day and nor was the street.

You will get some spuds, you looked after and grew, so have a go and feel good about it, you can eat most of the plant, enjoy

Excellent! Going to go find me some tires... Or maybe Tyres even! At least I'll not be contributing to Tesco's take over the world project!

I'm feeling the tottie love already!

For those short on space it might be worth taking a look at this:-

Grow 100 pounds of potatoes in 4 square feet.

if you can find any wooden pallet collars like these

http://www.packaging-b2b.com/b2b/pics/Wooden_Pallet__Collars_.jpg

they can save a bit of bother making the box

very handy for raised beds in the poly tunnel/garden too ;)

• 1 month later...

Good luck! :)

Our tomato plants are flowering, all 4 types of tattie are growing fabulously, carrots, turnips, onions, etc growing fine too. The strawberry patch, however, has been devastated by the local cats :( I think there might be one spindly plant left out of the 18 healthy ones that were planted.

My christmas tree is dying horribly, will it ever make a come back? Problem is, its in a huge tub (tree's bout 2 feet tall) but I don't want to plant it in my landlords garden as it was a gift from my boyfriend's mother. any tips?

We also spent all of yesterday in the lovely sunshine digging out overgrown squares in the boyfriend's mother's veggie plot, giving her a chance to plant this years tatties or whatever she'd like to plant. Also set up a frame over another square with which we covered with light white fleece to keep birds off the strawberries. Can't wait to reap the benefits!

:)