UEFA Cup Final

Gazza8

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, I might take a trip doon and see it!

I really hate all the people (read: Celtic fans) who are not supporing what is essentially an achievement by Scottish football. I'm a Dundee United fan but I would totally support any team in a European Final, even Dundee!

'Mon Rangers!

Cool, I might take a trip doon and see it!

I really hate all the people (read: Celtic fans) who are not supporing what is essentially an achievement by Scottish football. I'm a Dundee United fan but I would totally support any team in a European Final, even Dundee!

'Mon Rangers!

Glad to see some people getting behind them, can't be bothered with this childish petty attitude of wanting to see another Scottish team fail in a competition final like that. I'm a hun and I wanted Celtic to beat Porto in the UEFA cup and I would want to see them win if they got to a Champions league final too.

I'm a hun.

I remember the night Aberdeen won the Cup winners cup, you were a dons fan that night!

who are you going to support in the Champions league final that'll be a difficult one for you, you you splitter! :lol:

All the best though and I hope for the good of Scottish football you get a result tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll catch the second half as we are going to Whalsay to play them in the B league, so should catch the end of the second half if its on at the boating club if they have it on.

I'm a hun.

I remember the night Aberdeen won the Cup winners cup, you were a dons fan that night!

who are you going to support in the Champions league final that'll be a difficult one for you, you you splitter! :lol:

All the best though and I hope for the good of Scottish football you get a result tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll catch the second half as we are going to Whalsay to play them in the B league, so should catch the end of the second half if its on at the boating club if they have it on.

I was also only 6 years old everyone in my class at school had to be a Dons fan, I'll not let everyone know which football strip you purchased in the 80's which represented a certain SPL football team not from Aberdeen.

I won't be supporting Man Utd thats for sure then again I won't be supporting Chelsea either, would have preferred to see Arsenal go through bbut that's because I like the way they play football and not because I support any of those English teams. :D

If you remember correctly it was a present from our Grandmother who stayed in auld reekie, and in the austeer 80's one didn't have choice over such presents the oft heard quote being "you'll bloody well wear it and like it! :lol:

If I mind right I swapped it for a chain and back tyre for my bike :wink:

I can guarantee it'll be on in the Whalsay Boating Club, mind you if you're catching the 9:15pm ferry then you'll miss most of the second half anyway!

There's always the option of booking the late ferry (10:35pm) which will allow for the viewing of Rangers customary extra time and penalties!! :lol:

For the best of scottish football? Is making Rangers richer really helping Scottish football? It's just helping the divide between the bigot brothers and the rest of Scottish football get bigger.

I hope Zenit truely embarass Rangers and Scottish football tomorrow.

I really don't see why a Rangers fan would support Celtic in the UEFA Cup Final and vice versa. I don't think there's anything childish or petty about not doing so.

Because I don't let a thing like local rivalry stop me hoping my rivals win against another team from another country. I'm fully aware I'm in the minority, then again as Rangers fans go I don't sing all that sectarian pish and question the sexuality of the pope :lol:

I fail to see how the style of football played by Rangers in the UEFA cup run is going to help the profile of Scottish football. As far as i can see it has done it more harm than good.

I have even heard a few bluenoses complain about how boring all their European games have been (3 scoreless draws out of 4 games) as nobody wants to watch any team sit back and play defensive all night. If this was their plan, to get to the final and pocket a big fat cheque it has worked, so now they can get out there and play some decent football and try and score a few goals and give us a final worth watching.

I don't hate Rangers but i will never support them either.

I will however be hoping that Fernando Ricksen scores a hatrick for the very first time in my life. :lol:

I fail to see how the style of football played by Rangers in the UEFA cup run is going to help the profile of Scottish football. As far as i can see it has done it more harm than good.

That is a valid point. I'm not particularly bothered that Rangers play dire stuff in Europe (although it is awful to watch) but it does become an issue when trying to argue a Rangers win is good for Scottish football.

Couldn't agree more, bairn.

I've yet to hear a convincing argument as to why it would be good for Scottish football for Rangers to win the UEFA cup.

And please...don't anyone try and come up with that pathetic 'Aw, but it'll be guid furra coefficient, by ra way, big man...an tha'...bu'...ken whi' ah mean, naw?'

Anyhoo...I'm much more interested in the strip penfold received from his granny :lol:

As a lifelong Dons fan (despite my Grandmothers best efforts) I was hoping it would be good for Scottish football in the sense that if they win on weds their heads will be so far up their own ass's we will enjoy cuffing them all the more on Thursday! I was being selfish sorry :lol:

If you remember correctly it was a present from our Grandmother who stayed in auld reekie, and in the austeer 80's one didn't have choice over such presents the oft heard quote being "you'll bloody well wear it and like it! :lol:

If I mind right I swapped it for a chain and back tyre for my bike :wink:

You've got selective memory loss. Mother bought you that top after you asked for it, I got my first Rangers top the very same day. Grandmother never bought us football tops, paisley pattern shirts, weird comedic ties, toy helicopter gunships for your 21st birthday but never ever football shirts.

If you need reminding we got the football tops as a present after mum made us all go to Kyle of Lochalsh for a run when Auntie Margeret was down visiting us.

There is nothing wrong with admitting you had a Heart of Midlothian home shirt.