UEFA Cup Final

Gazza8

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no excuse for what these morons did in Manchester. I can't believe that any of these ****ing idiots are true Rangers fans and I plead with all sane minded people not to tar all Rangers fans with the same brush.

I have it on good authority that there were guys there wearing Motherwell and Hibs strips and heard that fans of another Scottish club travelled down just to "soak up the atmosphere". I have heard that many folk travelled from all areas of the UK with no interest in the football but merely to 'join the party'. My point is, God knows what kind of people could have turned up that had no interest in either of the teams that were playing.

Unless the background to the picture is known, I think that the picture that M in M posted, for a cheap laugh, of the Rangers fan being attacked by the dog should be removed. If you want to post any pictures, preferably to make a point, I would rather it was of the policeman being attacked because, unfortunately and disgustingly, it was damned obvious what was happening in that incident.

I'm bloody furious and sickened about the whole damn thing.

I have it on good authority that there were guys there wearing Motherwell and Hibs strips and heard that fans of another Scottish club travelled down just to "soak up the atmosphere". I have heard that many folk travelled from all areas of the UK with no interest in the football but merely to 'join the party'. My point is, God knows what kind of people could have turned up that had no interest in either of the teams that were playing.

Hold the phone Rangers fans are quite capable of behaving like a pack of animals without anyone else encouraging them to do it. Hibs and Motherwell fans wouldn't have instigated that, I'm even finding it hard to believe the phantom Chelsea fan on the grassy knoll kicked it all off. Yes there were other people amongst that crowd but all it takes is for you to distance yourself from the trouble makers and very quickly it becomes clear who they are. You are spot on right not all Rangers fans are like that but lets not forget a hell of a lot of them are.

They might not even be Rangers fans, rather a bunch of thugs who posed as rangers fans for that night. There are many groups of football hooligans or even general gang members who would easily stick on a Rangers strip and pretend to be a football supporter to cause a riot.

Everyone understands the majority of Rangers fans travelled to Manchester in good spirits. However, the english media are NOW suggesting the Scottish Rangers fans will ruin Englands chances of hosting the 2018 World Cup. Yep, that is a good one because English fans are really popular in foriegn countries!! Moscow, 23rd May, we will see?

However, i was shocked to hear about the tv screen not working at one of the fan zones. Imagine traveling all that distance for a "technical fualt" to happen. :x That was the start of the aggravation towards Manchester officals but why was the big screen not tested hours before.

I think that the picture that M in M posted, for a cheap laugh, of the Rangers fan being attacked by the dog should be removed.

Relax Stan, he's a bitter hearts fan. Hearts fans have been through enough trauma this season and need cheap jokes to make them happy. Gretna 1- 0 Hearts, enough said.

However, i was shocked to hear about the tv screen not working at one of the fan zones. Imagine traveling all that distance for a "technical fualt" to happen. :x That was the start of the aggravation towards Manchester officals but why was the big screen not tested hours before.

The screen had been on all day and failed right on kick off apparently :lol:

Anyway, these idiots shouldnt have even travelled without a ticket. It's their own fault.

TV screenings of football games are a dangerous thing, because it's an open space and fans can make much more damage than when being locked on a stade. In 2004 Moscow authorities screened Europe Cup in downtown, but when Russia lost a sensitive game, the fans went AWOL and rushed out destroying cars and shops windows. I'm sure it's been the last time when a football screening took a place in Moscow.

-------------------

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/icefoto1/zenit_man.gif

How utterly, utterly predictable that the usual suspects on here try to deflect blame from where it fair and squarely lies. With that odious, institutionally sectarian football club and the equally odious large percentage of pondlife who follow follow it.

The relative silence - indeed blame-shifting - from the Scottish media and football authorities is as pathetic and embarrassing to true fans of the beautiful game - of whom I'm sure Rangers have many - as it is predictable.

We arra peepil?

Not MY people, you disgusting, sub-human shower of police-assaulting, Manchester-City-Centre-urinating-and-vomiting, inarticulate, sovvy-ring-wearing, shellsuit-bottoms-into-socks-tucking, Giro-cashing, Buckfast-and-Stella-swilling scum.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/icefoto1/zenit_man.gif

I think you should remove this because we don't really know what was properly happening there and until we get the full story of the man sticking the finger up at the UEFA Cup Winners, it should be removed.

Those Motherwell fans were a disgrace, you could see them everywhere. Every picture showed a Motherwell fan kicking the turd out of a copper... [/sarcasm]

I went to Clickimin to watch the match and had a great time. We went to a couple of pubs in Lerwick after that and everyone was in good spirits. No stabbings, not a copper to be seen and no rubbish (well no more than usual) on the streets. I am sure that would be the same in most cities, towns and villages throughout Scotland on Wednesday night.

What went on in Manchester is totally inexcusable, and it's such a shame that such a small percentage can ruin it for the vast majority.

I went to Clickimin to watch the match and had a great time.
...as I would have expected.

I am sure that would be the same in most cities, towns and villages throughout Scotland on Wednesday night.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure about that one. I'd be surprised if there weren't sporadic outbreaks of violent behaviour in some of the more socially deprived areas - particularly towards the west of Scotland.

Shetland is fortunate in that (I'd suggest) the majority of Old Firm fans haven't been brought up with the typical 'them and us' mindset that bedevils much of the rest of the country. In fact, in my experience, it's usually only after much drink has been consumed (not that I'm condoning such behaviour :wink: ) that the unwholesome party songs get sung by either side.

What went on in Manchester is totally inexcusable, and it's such a shame that such a small percentage can ruin it for the vast majority.

Not so sure about the small percentage either - it seems that wherever Rangers go, trouble follows. That small percentage, I'd contend, is helluva lot bigger than any other club's small percentage.

Anyhoo, I'd just like to say that I'm happy to count many decent Rangers fans amongst my friends and family and in no way wish to associate them with those I've indicated earlier.