Removals

Carron

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

What is the best way to get furniture from my flat down south up to Shetland.

I have a 1 bedroom flat so its really just a few large items and a few boxes of things i'll be needing.

I've called around a few removal places but the prices are mad so I'm no looking into getting a van and going down on the boat. I've got a few quotes but wondering if anyone has any other suggestions I've not thought of.

My findings so far are: boat £192 return for a long base transit van and £130 for a van for 3 days hire, including insurance. I think this could be the best way so far

If you could get the stuff put onto a pallet you could use JBT in Aberdeen to forward it to Shetland. Personally I'd go with the van option. Not sure where you are moving from but worth looking at hiring the van in Aberdeen to make the return trip easier.

:-)

Hi

I'm moving from Fife and my street is an akward one way wee street so I'm not sure many removal lorries would fit up it.

Got quotes from Streamline they said it would be a lot from Fife but if I could get the stuff to Aberdeen it would be £225 plus vat to take it the rest of the way.

Just emailed Shetland Transport so I'll see what they say.

Hi

I'm moving from Fife and my street is an akward one way wee street so I'm not sure many removal lorries would fit up it.

Just wanted to say we are also moving from Fife to Shetland in the next few weeks and we are also trying to figure out the best ways to move all our stuff up. Its a bit overwhelming trying to figure it all out. I will keep my eyes on this thread and Carron I wish you lots of luck with your move.

Hows about getting a van hire from up here? moved my brother up from Aberdeen last year using a Star rent a car, van. Would probably need you to come up get the van but sure be cheaper than a removal company, no sure maybe if they'd put the van down on boat for you to pick in Aberdeen. They can only say no!

Use shetland transport and just collect it from wherehouse in lerwick they will collect in either a big truck or just the artic unit if its a difficult road.

i used them moving boxes and a 42inch tv from glasgow decent prices and the road i was it was a pain as well.was around 20quid for a big box when i moved. did this twice worked out cheaper than anything else

Just fone shetland transport they have a base in coatbridge so not that far from u really.

either that or if you want you could try hiring a van for the day too aberdeen and dropping it too northwards or shetland transport doubt shetland line will be more expnsive as not much trucks down the road esp compared with the others