SKY TV in Shetland

Hollian

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before islesat came to the island i had sky installed by an arrogant out of shape tub of lard with a builders ass to boot, he had the p.r. skills of attilla the hun and an attitude to match, i asked if i could run a 2nd tv off the box he had installed, he would not even discuss the matter and was quite frankly rude, it made me feel sick to know i was just another unhappy customer who by askin for sky to be installed had inadvertantly helped pay this ignorant sphincter a wage. But now we have islesat very friendly and helpfull no monthly subscription work gauranteed for a year and dishes for 10yrs. they clean up their mess and offer to dispose of wots left of the sky dish, but being as their little micra was nearly full i didnt mind skipping the old dish myself. from what i know they have nearly put up 200 dishes on our islands and im yet to hear a complaint about them. needless to say im very happy with islesat and the professional job they had done. heres to you islesat welcome to shetlands we recieve you with open arms.... sky???? murdoch and the boys at brae behind the coop on your bike not needed no more...... :D nuff_sed

Is anyone else sufering sky signal problems tonight(20-4-09) ? , maybe it's just the weather or do I have a problem ?

I reckon your Sky dish is either the wrong size - or the rust has finally got to it!

You ought to give IsleSat a call, they offer free tech help on the phone!!

Go to: www.islesat.com

:P

Before islesat came to the island i had sky installed by an arrogant out of shape tub of lard with a builders ass to boot, he had the p.r. skills of attilla the hun and an attitude to match, i asked if i could run a 2nd tv off the box he had installed, he would not even discuss the matter and was quite frankly rude, it made me feel sick to know i was just another unhappy customer who by askin for sky to be installed had inadvertantly helped pay this ignorant sphincter a wage. But now we have islesat very friendly and helpfull no monthly subscription work gauranteed for a year and dishes for 10yrs. they clean up their mess and offer to dispose of wots left of the sky dish, but being as their little micra was nearly full i didnt mind skipping the old dish myself. from what i know they have nearly put up 200 dishes on our islands and im yet to hear a complaint about them. needless to say im very happy with islesat and the professional job they had done. heres to you islesat welcome to shetlands we recieve you with open arms.... sky???? murdoch and the boys at brae behind the coop on your bike not needed no more...... :D nuff_sed

I assume you have settled here from The Englands.

I also assume the Sky engineer was paid to install your Sky dish not to answer your assine questions.

You can write as much drivel as you want, just remember you live in Shetland.

by the tone of ur reply im assuming thats a threat?

your mistaking me for someone who gives a f***

if the job had been done propperly i wouldnt of had to get a proffesional in to do what sky couldnt.

to quote islesat " theres more in the sky than just sky"

have a nice day now :)

• 2 months later...

My Sky+ box has decided that it doesn't like House anymore. I can't record it on either Sky One, Sky One HD, Hallmark or Hallmark+1. The live pause doesn't work either. I have no problem pausing or recording other programmes on those or any other channels.

It used to work but since the start of last week, it simply refused to play ball. Anyone have the same problem or a solution?

(*** Mod - merged ***)

My Sky+ box has decided that it doesn't like House anymore. I can't record it on either Sky One, Sky One HD, Hallmark or Hallmark+1. The live pause doesn't work either. I have no problem pausing or recording other programmes on those or any other channels.

It used to work but since the start of last week, it simply refused to play ball. Anyone have the same problem or a solution?

Have you been issued with one of the new viewing cards yet? A few users on the Digital Spy Forums have had issues along these lines. Normally a reset (loosing all recordings) makes the Sky+ box work again unless its a card pairing issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

help!

Somehow or other the sky box seems to have reset it's self to believe we're in London. Now I must admit i had those channels on favourites as STV can be sharn and gaelic television can be a bore. But now can't find stv, for the aberdeen news. Any suggestions?

Can't find anything that lets me change the regional settings. Got the new sky card in not that long ago, could it be they've sent a wrong one out?

Hi, switch off box at wall, wait a few seconds then hold in the Backup button then switch on at wall, keep backup button pressed till all the lights on front come on and message appears on telly screen. The skybox will update itself, this will take maybe ten minutes and then everything will be working as expected.

Make sure your card is in first.