Typos that say something entirely different!

The Shetland Times[/url]"]Speaking on behalf of himself and fellow Shetland South councillors Allison Duncan and Jim Budget, Rick Nickerson said: “We would offer our congratulations to the head teacher, staff, parents and community on an excellent HMIE report.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just returned from a trip to Japan and Korea...there's a LOT of English on signs, t-shirts etc that either doesn't make sense or is unintentionally hilarious. Here's my favorite example. Sorry for the poor quality, I took the picture quickly so I wouldn't be noticed.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs419.snc3/25220_1437601301315_1271482765_31273173_4495356_n.jpg

The sign in the middle of the door says something they probably didn't mean. :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
do not call someone's ad as fake, because he or she has a reason for selling the abject...

Given the stereotypical image of how pets are farmed, that mistake has an interestingly Freudian angle :wink: . Abject objects indeed.

• 2 months later...

When I was looking some bits and bobs, I found this page-a-day calender page which said the following:

Allisonville Nursery

WHERE HOME AND GARDEN MEET FRESH CUT PEN*S - $7.99

Then at the bottom of this page, it was a sign at an Indianapolis nursery - which was supposed to say "peonies" and was later corrected.

• 1 year later...

In the Shetland Times article about the upcoming Cerys Matthews event in Mareel I noted the following:

Neely is an American-born record producer, drummer, orchestral arranger and multi-instrumentalist. He is a member of scared music collective Bifrost Arts and has served as a composer, arranger and musical director.

Intrigued I checked further and found that Wikipedia used the same term. Given the holy nature of the named collective, it would appear more likely that sacred was originally meant. Maybe sacred music is scary for some. Gave me a chuckle at any rate. Despite not being a God squad type myself, I think the concert looks really good.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Found on an ebay listing from somebody in Thornton Cleveleys:

"I always obtain proof of postage and will not be held responsible if your package is lost, however I will provide you with the receipt so you van make a claim against the oat office".

:ponders:

Clearly porridge is done differently in Lancashire than Scott's do it, its maybe a Quaker way. :arrow: