Stuart Hill (Captain Calamity) Forvik

tlady

Do you support Stuart Hill  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Stuart Hill

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Don't know?

Why is this thread even allowed to stay active?

Shouldn't it be deleted or, at the very least, locked?

I'm pretty sure that if a thread was started about the affairs of, say, Abe Hassan (a Shetland resident with a similar disregard for the law)... The mod's would be onto it as keen as mustard!

Since Stuart's criminal activities are aimed at getting publicity for a cause and ultimately to get a court somewhere to rule that the Sheriff has no jurisdiction in Shetland I rather think Stuart would complain if the thread was locked.

On the wider issue if people appear in court and get their names in the newspaper and on the news websites can they really complain if they are also named on Shetlink.

Guest Anonymous
^^

If you don't want to read this thread, then don't.

Simple solution, I'd say.

You're right. If there's something online I object to, I should simply throw my pc in the skip.

But while I'm still here, may I bring up a point regarding naming people in a forum?

I just re-read the T&C's and allthough it does mention the use of "Defamatory" remarks not being allowed, It doesn't specify whether a thread regarding a common criminal is or is not (but I'm sure such a thread would normally bring some negative sentiment towards the aforementioned criminal).

And there lies a problem... Unfortunately, I think I may have used some "Defamatory" remarks towards this individual.. And my remarks are still online for all to see. This makes Shetlink the host for online- personal attacks. Is this really what the mod's want to support?

Guest Anonymous
Since Stuart's criminal activities are aimed at getting publicity for a cause and ultimately to get a court somewhere to rule that the Sheriff has no jurisdiction in Shetland I rather think Stuart would complain if the thread was locked.

On the wider issue if people appear in court and get their names in the newspaper and on the news websites can they really complain if they are also named on Shetlink.

I also don't think that we should sympathise or agree with a criminals behaviour in an online and local forum. The Sheriff has a dificult job and if he finds that someone is guilty of a criminal offence, regardless of their motives, they should be regarded as such until their debt has been paid. Which Hill refuses to do.

Condoning this behaviour sets a very bad example to younger generations and I really don't think Shetlink should be supporting it.

Guest Anonymous
^^

If you don't want to read this thread, then don't.

Simple solution, I'd say.

Maybe I've mis-understood your solution... Could you start by explaining the problem?

The Sheriff has a dificult job and if he finds that someone is guilty of a criminal offence, regardless of their motives, they should be regarded as such until their debt has been paid. Which Hill refuses to do.

If I understand his argument, he is refusing to do it until his appeal is heard.

Does that mean we can mention Denis Nilsen, a cook at RAF Maybury in 1972?

Just so long as you don't mention Dyno-Rod, it could be considered commercial advertising.

It was actually Dennis Nilsen, I believe anyway. :wink:

OT. Hill's only asset these days is entertainment value, and as he chooses to perform on a pubic stage, I see no problem in milking it for all its worth as long as there's one small titter still left in it.

Why is this thread even allowed to stay active?

Shouldn't it be deleted or, at the very least, locked?

I'm pretty sure that if a thread was started about the affairs of, say, Abe Hassan (a Shetland resident with a similar disregard for the law)... The mod's would be onto it as keen as mustard!

(accidental reference to another common criminal we're not allowed to mention on an open forum, not fully intended)

mention him aa du wants but be ready to run :lol: :lol:

• 2 months later...