Stuart Hill (Captain Calamity) Forvik

tlady

Do you support Stuart Hill  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Stuart Hill

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Don't know?

Interesting article and surely the overwhelming issue is the passage of time and lack of any proper challenge over the years, suggesting an acceptance.

Even if it was proved that there was some sort of error or misunderstanding in the handling of the ownership, its now rendered only of historical interest, not law.

^^ I thought that while reading the Shetland News article, this isn't really "big news" as far as the legal argument over the ownership/jurisdiction is concerned. That will only be if the courts actually follow up on the judgement this time.

Keep up this kinda thing Stuart - nice and safe, while still grabbing a headline or two.

robert sandison

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: stuart hill

Huge surprise Scottish court finds in favor of itsself. Maybe if he appealed to the house of lords or even better the EU court he would have better luck.

Can't you see how this undermines your obvious position?

Don' really have a position i just like stirring it but reading through the past threads took quite a while i was amazed at the vitriol and animosity directed towards Mr Hill .For my part Mr Hill has brightened up many a dull day and raised a chuckle .I just hope i have half his energy if im lucky enough to reach his age.The country would be a much duller place without the Mr Hills of this world.Ah think ill go get cold beer now.

The only fair hearing the subject will ever get is at an international level, before a panel selected from nations without axes to grind one way or the other with Scotland, England, Britain, Denmark, Norway and the E.U. who could study the facts of the case impartially according to international statutes.

There is more chance of finding an ambulance chasing lawyer with integrity and honesty than finding people qualified to sit on that panel though, such is the ongoing legacy of Britain and her "friends" interference worldwide both now and in centuries past.

Calamity will never succeed in anything on his present course, neither Scottish, British or EU courts are ever going to rock the boat. Of course, if a competent referendum were to be conducted in Shetland that found a majority in favour of Independence/Dependency/Devolution etc, it would lend a certain level of credibility and leverage that could be used to get the wider world to start paying attention, and those with vested interests to talk. Something that will never occur with Calamity's methods.

Either that, or somebody will have to organise and equip a local guerilla movement, Hjaltland Freedom Fighters anyone? :wink:

Not sure if it is always the same, but when i read the Scottish Law Thoughts article, there was a brilliant advert at the bottom of the page.

It was from a company called Lumosity, with the headline ' Improve your Brain' - Full brain workout for better brain health.

Perfect advertising !

I can only reiterate my original point that he's right as far as the argument goes but he's gone about it all the wrong way.

I'm with Ghostrider - what should be taking place is a democratic referendum in Shetland.

For me though there should be a question included about returning to Norway or opening negotioations with Norway.

The abhorant way Scotland(viz the SNP) is treating Shetland is actually getting very serious now and it seems to get worse with every passing week.

The latest news I see is that they're planning to centralise/grab control of Shetland College to the UHI itself.

I can only reiterate my original point that he's right as far as the argument goes but he's gone about it all the wrong way.

I'm with Ghostrider - what should be taking place is a democratic referendum in Shetland.

For me though there should be a question included about returning to Norway or opening negotioations with Norway.

The abhorant way Scotland(viz the SNP) is treating Shetland is actually getting very serious now and it seems to get worse with every passing week.

The latest news I see is that they're planning to centralise/grab control of Shetland College to the UHI itself.

I just don't understand why, after dumping the shackles associated with being part of the UK, anyone would want to 'belong' to another owner who may, or may not, be 'better' towards us.

If there were to be a referendum on independence, let it be for a complete break from the morass created by the rest. We have more than enough resources to go it alone.

As for Mr Hill, I watch his efforts with interest. Let him tilt at windmills if he wants to. He is self appointed and has no mandate. He will get nowhere without the backing of the people of Shetland.

These quotes just about sum up Stuart Hill for me

The idea is to be an annoyance.

“It’s all jolly good fun,†he said yesterday. “Every pensioner should do something like this.â€

Maybe once he's had his fun out of us I can donate him an old wardrobe so he can set sail back to Essex.