Stuart Hill (Captain Calamity) Forvik

tlady

Do you support Stuart Hill  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Stuart Hill

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Don't know?

I tink we should aa chip in an buy him a new wardrobe so he can fit a sail, caa it a boat an fek off oot o here, i'm had enough o him tae be honest, ony problem wi him sailin oot o here is nae doubt he'll end up in trouble ageen an need da life boat tae come an rescue him ageen. He maybe his a valid point but da way he's geen aboot it is da wrang way, mupet, dats whit he is, a mupet.

Yes, but one with TWO "p"'s in it....  Unless, of course, "da dialec" only uses one  :thmbsup

Da dialect can get awa wi a lot but doos right, MUPPET MUPPET MUPPET, noo dats better :-)

The crux of the matter is Mr Hill wants the courts to prove their legitimacy by showing when and how Shetland became part of Scotland .Surely this should be a simple matter to resolve .But for some reason the courts seem to duck and dive to avoid the issue for some reason or another .You would have thought it would be common knowledge .One other thing which has always puzzled me is why at the time of this pawning arrangement  was Orkney valued at 50,000 gold coins while Shetland was only worth 8,000 gold coins? 

At school we were told the pawning of Shetland involved 8,000 gold coins and when Denmark paid this  Shetland would revert back to their rule again .Yet in Wikipedia it says the islands could be redeemed for 460 lb of gold or 5090 lb of silver . So which is it ?https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Shetland i wounder what 460 lb of gold is worth these days ?

Edited by Redrobbie99

The crux of the matter is Mr Hill wants the courts to prove their legitimacy by showing when and how Shetland became part of Scotland .Surely this should be a simple matter to resolve .But for some reason the courts seem to duck and dive to avoid the issue for some reason or another .You would have thought it would be common knowledge .One other thing which has always puzzled me is why at the time of this pawning arrangement  was Orkney valued at 50,000 gold coins while Shetland was only worth 8,000 gold coins? 

because it was only some farms in Shetland that were pawned.

Maybe we could ask the Danes to have a whip-round?

I can swallow my pride and forgive them for selling us at a bargain basement price, no problem.

I'll donate, but only when I'm sure I stay in a part of Shetland that was pawned though, if I'm not part of the Kings land you're on your own.

I have found no evidence that the Lairds in Papa Stour paid any Tax to the Scottish system, this would indicate to me they did not recognise Scottish authority over them. We pay Tax to those we recognise as being in charge of some system? Is Hill correct ?

The good people of Shetland have voted in a IN or OUT election to be a part of the UK, so Shetlanders by majority have said NO to the idea of being independent. This now makes Captain Calamity's case SUNK, like most of his boats, but I am sure they will re-float.

What has the Captain done for the Good people of Shetland? 

Has the Captain lost his moral compass? 

Let us hope he turns his own ship back on the correct course!! 

Long live the King

The good people of Shetland have voted in a IN or OUT election to be a part of the UK, so Shetlanders by majority have said NO to the idea of being independent. This now makes Captain Calamity's case SUNK, like most of his boats, but I am sure they will re-float.

If that refers to the Scottish Independence Referendum surely the only choice was rule from Westminster or rule from Edinburgh.  Independence for Shetland was not an option and indeed the ballot paper made no mention of rule from Norway or Denmark.

If that refers to the Scottish Independence Referendum surely the only choice was rule from Westminster or rule from Edinburgh.  Independence for Shetland was not an option and indeed the ballot paper made no mention of rule from Norway or Denmark.

Or self-rule.