Stuart Hill (Captain Calamity) Forvik

tlady

Do you support Stuart Hill  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Stuart Hill

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Don't know?

[mod]This thread - original Forvik thread - was merged with Stuart's "Calamity writes" thread on 04/07/2008 so as to not splinter discussion[/mod]

Any one know where this island is?

It's Stuart Hill's newest "project"

Independence has been declared :roll:

[mod]Below Shetland News Article regarding Forvik added 04/07/2008[/mod]

Forvik Declaration of Direct Dependence on 06/06/2008

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are entitled to certain inalienable rights and that among these are life, freedom and the expression of their full potential.

To secure these rights, a Government is instituted, deriving its just powers from the consent of the governed. Whenever any form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, or when there is a long train of abuses and usurpations, it is the right and duty of the people to alter or to abolish it. Then to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organising its powers in such form, as shall seem most likely to effect their security and prosperity. In Shetland there has been for many years abuses and usurpations by both government and Crown. They include, but are not limited to, those in the following indictment.

Indictment:

That the monarchs and governments of Scotland, and Great Britain and The United Kingdom have for many years assumed powers over these islands of Shetland to which they were not entitled.

That those monarchs and governments have imposed a foreign system of laws in breach of their clear obligation to the contrary and that those laws have been used against the people of these islands to their great prejudice.

That the government of the United Kingdom has committed fraudulent acts upon these islands to the great detriment of the people.

That the only powers granted to King James III of Scotland in 1469, when he accepted these islands as security in the matter of payment of a marriage dowry, were those of trustee. His Majesty was holding them in trust until they were redeemed by King Christian of Denmark and Norway or his successors. Part of his obligation was to preserve the existing language and laws. The Plenipotentiaries of Europe confirmed in the 1667 Peace and Treaty of Breda that these arrangements remained in full force at that time and nothing has happened since then to give the monarch or the government any further rights or powers.

That King Charles II confirmed in 1669 that the inhabitants of these islands were to have an immediate dependence upon His Majesty and his officers and the islands were erected into a Stewartry, answering directly to His Majesty and to the exclusion of Parliament.

That King Charles II declared that in the event of a general dissolution of His Majesty's properties, such as happened in 1707 with the Act of Union, these islands were not to be included, but were to remain in direct dependence to His Majesty.

That Queen Anne ignored the provisions laid down by King Charles II and illegally incorporated Shetland into Great Britain with the Act of Union.

That the government of the United Kingdom forced these islands, to their great disadvantage, to remain in the European Economic Community, and later the European Union, against the clearly stated will of the people.

That the government of the United Kingdom, without any prior right, appropriated the fishing and other rights, in the seas around these islands and gave them to foreign powers.

That the government of the United Kingdom, without any prior right, appropriated the seabed around these islands for the purposes of oil extraction.

That the government of the United Kingdom demands rents for the use of seabed around Shetland, to which they have no right or title.

That the Shetlands Islands Councillors and their legal department, having been advised of these issues and having chosen to take no action, thereby make themselves complicit in illegal acts.

Accordingly I, Stuart Alan Hill, being the udal owner of the island of Forvik, do declare that the said island of Forvik owes no allegiance to any United Kingdom government, central or local, and is not bound by any of its statutes. I offer my services as Steward to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and acknowledge her rights as being the same, and not more, than were originally granted to King James III in 1469.

Further:

I hereby invite residents of Shetland to join with me to set up a true and just administration, based on principles of democracy that will ensure the elected representatives carry out the wishes of the people and that will serve as a model to which the rest of Shetland can aspire.

Further, I hereby invite residents of Shetland to join their properties with that of Forvik in a federation under such new administration.

Further, I also invite any suitable person from any country in the world, who supports these aims, namely to become free of liars, thieves and tyrants in government, to become a citizen of Forvik.

It is my earnest desire that Forvik will provide an example for Shetland to follow and that Shetland in turn will provide an example for other countries and regions, the people of which would prefer a system where their politicians represent, rather than rule them.

Stuart must get 10 out of 10 for his effort. A very persistant fellow!

If his independant state can supply diesel without a heavy tax burdon (ie around 50p to 60p a litre) then I'm sure there will be a que of people wanting to pay him and his state a visit on a regular basis.

You have to admire his imagination and dedication!

He'll always be considered a crackpot - until he succeeds! And then he'll be considered a visionary!

This is the sort of story the national media love. It's the stuff of fiction. I wonder if the authorities will do anything? I think it would be in their best interest just to ignore him. But I hope they don't!

I take it Stuart doesn't actually own Forvik. Surely somebody does though?

I take it Stuart doesn't actually own Forvik. Surely somebody does though?

Scotland? *ducks*

You can do things which annoy the government and just keep prodding and poking until something happens ... The idea is to be an annoyance.

He's the man for that job. Maybe he should send them the Forvik Independent Newsletter once a month? That'd do the trick :wink: Hats off to him though!