Stuart Hill (Captain Calamity) Forvik

tlady

Do you support Stuart Hill  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Stuart Hill

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Don't know?

I think that enterprising shetland folk seemed to have missed a trick here. There's a few tourist bucks going, was speaking to some of the guys on mml and it's made the news in some unlikely places. Had a few questions about how to get here. So when's someone going to start the Forvik tours? Stuart's good at getting the media's attention, the public are hooked, so someone make some money - Note, I do not have a boat else I really would be tempted.

Any takers for raising a shetlink army and going to capture this controversial territory for ourselves? Launch from Sandness, set ashore on Forvik, depose the leader with reasonable force (perhaps some stern words would suffice), burn the village....er, tent and plant a flag upon it's godless soil in the name of shetlink, naming the new land Shetvik! Hurrah!

(All in the spirit of fun that Mr Hill sometimes subscribes to, you understand :wink: )

Yes I can just see the local bank manager getting the Home Guard back together "Watch him men I'm going in" Mr Hill "You stupid boy" ect

http://shetlandconversation.squarespace.com/citizenship/

I am right in thinking that IF he sells all 8000 plots, which I assume must be about the size of a postage stamp, at 2 'forvik gulden' or aboot £120 he will have £960,000?!?!?

And thats before anyone pays for 'honorary citizenship'

The man's a bloody genius!!!

And what the hell is 'a fighting fund?'

Is he expecting an invasion? I can see it now Calamity's army!

He state's on the Forvik Declaration...

I, Stuart Alan Hill, being the udal owner of the island of Forvik

My very favouritest part of the website is in the FAQs. The very first one in fact....

Q. How should I address you?

A. Your excellency, or Stuart - whichever you prefer.

Fantastic! Every time I look at it I find another gem.

I wish I'd thought of it first. My own island, where I am called your excellency and people send me money to buy land which is...

not big enough to build anything on, only to say you own some land here.

Genius.

Can captain calamity actually sell rights to land on Forvik? is it his to sell in the first place?

Yes.....and no. Certainly if he owns the land then I am sure that he can sell plots as long as they are correctly identified and conveyancing is properly done. However if he is selling these plots as part of an independent state and the island is found not to be independent then I suspect that might just be fraud.

A friend of mine in the US has asked me the burning question....

"So...if he lives in a tent on an otherwise uninhabited island, presumably without any electrical service, water etc., how does he manage a web site and answer email?"

Any ideas? :shock:

Is he crossing the border to visit the nearest UK shop to buy batteries ? His passport will be full soon ;)