Stuart Hill (Captain Calamity) Forvik

tlady

Do you support Stuart Hill  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Stuart Hill

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Don't know?

^^It's supposed to be moved today, possibly by the police, according to a friend of mine who spent a great deal of time yesterday trying to get it dealt with by the council (who said they didn't know about it and that it was a police matter) and the police (who said it was a council matter).

I just hope they send Stewart the bill for the whole cost to remove the vehicle, he's taken advantages of UK services more than enough in his time.

Exciseman,

Mister Hill may well be right. I can see his argument. However most of us are not of pure Norwegian stock and most have been happily part of British culture and all its trappings for some time now. The Dano-Norwegian King carelessly pawned us off and I don't think they deserve to get us back now.

The airlines only recently were working well without subsidy. In fact before the council/hial cock-ups, Sumburgh subsidised the other little airfield in the Highlands.

Shetland is of huge importance to the UK strategically. They had to build a fort and base troops here in the 16th century to stop us “going Dutchâ€. Why do you think they loaded Shetland with troops in WW2?

Shetland stands at the gateway to the North Sea.

Not to mention the financial importance of northern North Sea Oil. England would never have recovered from the pre-Thatcher dark ages if Shetland had been independent or part of Norway.

That's another reason they are happy to subsidise us. The alternative would have been unthinkable.

At some point the Scottish and UK governments might withdraw their subsidies and ditch us. When/If that happens we will do what is necessary. We have lived with that before. There's peats in the hill and with our own 200 mile limit there would be fish in the sea

Do you feel there is a reason why we, the Chosen Ones have been selected for this Manna from Heaven? Do you feel less important because of this?

Scottish Distant Island Allowance, I haven't seen any of that ! Would you like some too, or are you already on the gravy train? Or perhaps you are an excise man on Forvik?

The damn thing has been vandalised and bits are blowing about in this high wind.

Bits of it nearly took my head off as I rode past it this morning on my motorbike.

Enough is enough.

Funny how Mr Hill does not leave his posh new Yaris parked un taxed and un MOT'd Bet that's legal and above board.

I wonder how amusing he will find it when he rows himself back and finds his Yaris Fish boxed?

I am the troublemaker of whom khit speaks, calling environmental services and the police on the poor man!(although I'm sure I'm not the first or last).... (dramatic pause). Nah, in all seriousness, it was becoming a hazard yesterday, it was not that windy yesterday but I could see trouble coming if it did get windy and bits started blowing about , and madasaferret has confirmed my fears. As a Sandness resident I thought it only best to try and do the right thing, they phoned me back and asked for the exact location and said they would try and get onto it this morning (we'll see), I'm tempted to be nosy and drive round the corner for a look. So, I'm sorry Stuart, but as you can hear from myself and other members of this forum, It's getting beyond the joke and beyond just being an eyesore and getting dangerous. I'm not trying to wind anyone up and I respect your principles, but I like my car, and my head as I'm sure other sandness residents and visitors do. :wink:

^Fifi, I'd agree, speaks volumes. Although he's denied it, I still believe this is more about individuals wishes rather than the wishes of the majority.

I'll state it again - Independence for Shetland would be economic and social suicide.

I'm still waiting for anyone that does support independence to provide some real evidence that can prove otherwise.

Stuart's still ignoring my question. His silence says volumes.

Ignoring direct questions posed to him? Has anybody ever seen Stuart Hill and Doglover in the same place at the same time?

^^It's supposed to be moved today, possibly by the police, according to a friend of mine who spent a great deal of time yesterday trying to get it dealt with by the council (who said they didn't know about it and that it was a police matter) and the police (who said it was a council matter).

How can the council say they know nothing about it when there is a notice from them on the window which i posted a couple of pages ago?

Ian Isbister in Environmental Services is the person to speak to.

In response to trooter (as I'm not wonderful with computers and I don't know how to quote yet :oops: ) the council (environmental services dept) were called in the morning and the member of staff who answered the phone didn't know much/anything about the matter and said she would get someone to call me back and get the details of where the L.R was 'parked', which they did, in the afternoon and that person did seem to know a lot about it.But they told me that now that there was vandalism involved (beyond the fishboxes, he didn't know about the vandalism), it was now a police matter and gave me the number to the police station, the police then said it was still a council matter, but said they would contact the council this morning and hopefully would do something about it today. Very pleasant helpful people I spoke to, so hopefully they can work some solution out together. I live in hope :D

on da subject o independence fir shetland. we're ower peerie an in da lang term we widna be able t support wirsels. at least no t da same level as dat wir becoma accustomed to!!! i have no doubt dat we'd stick it oot, but we'd certainly no be weel aff.

as fir mr. hill's antics, da time has come fir it aa t stop. its gone beyond a joke an dere simply is no need t drag wis aa doon t dis level o embarrassment.

i'm sooth ee noo, an am haed plenty o folk comin up t me since dat martin clunes programme aksin if we aa support stuarts cause, an every time i'm haed t strongly deny ony links atween him an da wishes o da majority o shetland folk. certainly every signle wan i'm ever spoken wi.

while hit wid be fine ta be a grain mair, i dont want t say 'independent', mibbe autonomous is a better wird, da wye t go aboot it is no wi a series o low grade, low impact, petty stunts.

ot;]^^It's supposed to be moved today, possibly by the police, according to a friend of mine who spent a great deal of time yesterday trying to get it dealt with by the council (who said they didn't know about it and that it was a police matter) and the police (who said it was a council matter).

Classic case of passing the buck. In other words no one can be bothered to do anything about it.

on da subject o independence fir shetland. we're ower peerie an in da lang term we widna be able t support wirsels. at least no t da same level as dat wir becoma accustomed to!!! i have no doubt dat we'd stick it oot, but we'd certainly no be weel aff.

We maybe don't have a large population, but it is a proven fact that more Autonomy will reverse the decline,

We already pay more in income tax than we recieve in "subsidy" from the UK, if we were to get the same cut from our oil as the the UK currently takes then we are looking at an income of £billions, the interest alone on one years income would keep Shetland far better than any "subsidies" recieved from th UK.

Fact we subsidise the UK not the other way around as they would have you believe.