Stuart Hill (Captain Calamity) Forvik

tlady

Do you support Stuart Hill  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Stuart Hill

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Don't know?

Njugle, I was really replying to daveh comment, I should have really said that at the time!

"Would it all be seen differently, by those apparently mocking him, if he had been born in the islands?"

Anyone doing what hes doing is going to get mocked.

Unfortunately there are people who like to bring up the Shetlanders against Incomers thing because it is used as a device to make local people be seen as insular and unreasonable when such things as Forvik or some punter from darn sarf wants to change something a month after they moved north. It's not just a Shetland thing I may add if you roll up anywhere in the UK and pull the Forvik stunt then I'm sure plenty of locals will look on that person with scepticism and dare I say it again contempt. I'd have the same opinion of Stuart and what he was doing if he was related to me, the fact he isn't from Shetland makes sod all difference in how I form my opinion.

I will say though that you cannot doubt the mans commitment and effort and those shouldn't be sullied because he isn't the best sea farer in the world.

never had a problem with shetlanders its the mainland scots who seem to have a problem with the english. in general shetlanders are nice friendly people. it would not matter were your from an idiot is an idiot. though i dont think he is an idiot just an egocentric person who thinks he must be at the centre of things. the soul people need to seperate themselves from him.

There is a point here, that a lot, not all, but a lot of English people who come up here have this romantic ideal of what they want Shetland to be and try to change it, for better or worse, into their ideal. Which I personally completely detest.

Seriously Jeemsie you do not want to open this can of worms you'll be portrayed as a Nazi by the end of the day.

While I don't totally agree with you I have encountered some of the people you are referring to :wink:

Seriously Jeemsie you do not want to open this can of worms you'll be portrayed as a Nazi by the end of the day.

While I don't totally agree with you I have encountered some of the people you are referring to :wink:

Oh, likly, but those wha will caa me a Nazi, ir da same eens dat'll get apo dir high horse aboot ivver idder Tom, Dick & Adolf

I don't think it's the Anglo Saxon minority here you have to worry about, it seem to me there are plenty of Shetlanders who are doing there best to stuff things up.

Oh, of coorse, bit, dir aaways his been. Da problem we a lock o wis Shetlanders is dat afar too mony among wis winna accept change, especially whan hit's change fir da best aparently. :evil:

Capt. Calamity is joost chasing a romantic ideal o dis plice dat is stupid.