Shetland Today/Shetland Times

Fifi

I see that www.shetlandtoday.co.uk now redirects to www.shetlandtimes.co.uk. > Maybe I'm missing something, but what's happened to the content that used to be available from Shetland Today? Such as the Shetland Directory, online shop, Shetland Visitor, info on Shetland Litho, etc. Anyone any idea?

• 1 month later...

What's wrong with the Shetland Times website? It's gone all minimalist. I can't find a contact info page. Tried contacting webmaster@shetlandtimes.co.uk, but it bounces. As does info@shetlandtimes.co.uk.

Anyone know if there's a problem, or something transitional going on?

The only mail address I could see was webmaster@shetlandtimes.co.uk - listed on the terms and conditions page. There'll surely be email addresses in the paper version...

One nice new feature of the site is the RSS feed of stories 8) There's a good chunk of the paper made available every Friday which keeps me going until I buy the thing to check oot the pictures :wink:

I queried it back in July -

http://www.shetlink.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5565&highlight=

There's a link there to where the old site is, but it just seemed to be old content. Did they suffer a DoS attack or am I just dreaming that..?

Yep, the RSS feed is good. I put it on the front of the Northmavine website. Pity the Shetland News doesn't do a feed. I did ask them ages ago but it seems they're not doing it at the moment.

Hi

I should have replied to this post earlier. Sorry.

The official response is here http://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2008/06/20/17/.

I will get the email address working as soon as I can contact our hosting guy.

I can tell you that over the next few weeks I am hoping to have the directory online plus a lot of the other content from our previous website. Hopefully pictures with the stories will be happening soon as well.

Of course constructive comments are always welcome and again apologies for the service at the moment.

I'm just back from holiday so I should be back in the swing of things in the next day or so.

Of course constructive comments are always welcome and again apologies for the service at the moment.

I'm just back from holiday so I should be back in the swing of things in the next day or so.

Thanks for the info and hope you enjoyed your holiday. :) Re the RSS feed, I emailed thanking the Shetland Times for the feed and saying that, in an ideal world, it would be great to include the North Mainland Notes in the feed. Any chance? Of course, to be fair, the other area sections would perhaps have to be added as well!

Just that we have people from all over who use Northmavine website and it would have been handy having the NMN on there.

• 2 weeks later...