Drivers so bad they provoke road rage!

weel when i first came behind the van it was going considerable slower than the speed limit i saw the flash of the indicator and thought it was going to turn right but it didnt there was a few places that i could have overtaken before i did but wasnt sure if it was safe to proceed as the constant flashing of the indicator i couldnt establish if the vehicles actually wanted to turn right or not so had to wait for an open stretch of road so yes hoosn the constant flashing of the indicator was dangerous and i dare say that if the police witnessed it they would have something to say to the driver

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe theres already a thread about this but I had a touch of passenger seat rage today over a guy on a bike. Young guy about 15 on the pavement cycling at high speed. Sis was driving and indicating to turn in to Frankie Williamsons when the nutter flew past as sis was pulling across it was a near miss. I let out a mouthfull and if I was able I would've got out the car to the prat. If we had've been quicker we should've phoned the police on him.

• 4 weeks later...

I wish people would switch off their FRONT Foglights when they are not needed, it really P****s me off. ARE YOU SO BLIND YOU CAN'T SEE THE ROAD OR IS IT JUST FOR SHOW???????????????????

Switch the sodden things off and stop blinding others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the same goes for people that switches their full beams on before they pass you.

Thanks.

(** mod edit - cool down! - and there was already a thread dealing with this issue so your post has been merged **)

• 4 weeks later...

Many thanks to the van driver who pulled oot o the Whiteness junction behind me aboot 4.30 this afternoon. I love being tailed and blinded and was so upset that you turned right at the airstrip at Tingwall.

I really hope you are a Shetlinker as I would like you to know that tonight was the first time I've driven to toon by myself in a car that has hand controls. You really made me nearly turn aroond an come hame. Maybe me doin 45 - 50 mph was a tad slow for you but so what remember the road isn't exclusively yours or the company you work for yep I did get a glimpse of the writing on the side an am contemplating a few phone calls in the mornin! Rant over.

Hellsbells - Please do not take the following comment in the wrong way (cos I do not know your individual circumstances as some others might). However to come on here and moan (I'll use that word since that what it seems to be ) about another road user and blithely threaten to "shop" him/her (from a name on a van) with a phone-call in the morning is (IMO) a bit pathetic.

What cars don't have hand controls?

Think Hellsbells may have a car where the pedal functions are controlled from the steering wheel, people who have difficulties operating their lower limbs can have cars modified to do this. Might be wrong though don't know if Hellsbells would need such a thing.

Hellsbells - Please do not take the following comment in the wrong way (cos I do not know your individual circumstances as some others might). However to come on here and moan (I'll use that word since that what it seems to be ) about another road user and blithely threaten to "shop" him/her (from a name on a van) with a phone-call in the morning is (IMO) a bit pathetic.

Don't agree with that at all if the person was driving a works van then the firm that own it are perfectly entitled to be made aware if it was being driven poorly. Also as someone who has gotten out of a car and threatened to batter someone for some really poor driving I'd agree with Noodeyn that venting it here is better than getting banged up for assault, it's better to cool down and not get into a confrontation with someone else who may be pretty close to boiling point.

Sorry but totally have to agree with Hellsbells there, I have been very tempted in the past, to inform certain employers about the way their workers are driving their vehicles. If an employee is driving a company vehicle dangerously, the employer should definately be told about it. If more people were reported, perhaps there might not be so many crazy van drivers around.